ver 4 - can't pickup call from other ext on SNOM370

voipguy

Hi,

Were using ver 4.0.1.3446 hosted pro +, G729, centos 64 bit

We setup our buttons on the SNOM370. We have button 7 setup as monitor extension - it works - we can see it flash/go solid etc...in the manual it states if that LED is flashing fast then that means a call is comming in on that extension and you can press the button to take/intercept the call - it doesn't work. When I press that button I see in my display *601875 bad request...same thing with button 8 - we have it setup as Agent group - when it flashes I press the button and it shows in my display *601878....I guess the last 4 digits after *60 must be the call number as it keeps increasing.

I have all the permissions setup correct - can you test on your end and let me know if it's a bug in ver 4?

Thanks

You mean the phone displays "Bad Request"? Can you see that also in the SIP log of the phone? Is there anything between the phone and the PBX (e.g. a SIP-aware firewall)?

Hi pbxnsip,

There's no sip aware firewall.

I think this is a bug in version 4.0.1.3446.....just give it a try and see if you get the same results.

I think this bug is because of the change in your code when you allowed * feature codes to be passed to the dial plan (it's a great feature - please don't remove it). When I press the SNOM370 programmed button it dials a * code for us to pickup that call - the code it's trying to dial is *60 and then the call number which I think is 4 digits, the *60 must be the PBXNSIP "special" internal * code to pick up these calls from programmed buttons on SNOM phones or other voip phones - the problem is PBXNSIP passes the *60(4 digit call number) to the dial plan and then to my proxy server...I can see in my proxy server logs it's trying to dial *60(and 4 digit call number).

It's hard to describe and I find myself repeating it but basicaly since you changed your program source code to allow us to pass user * codes from the users phone to the dial plan if that * code is not listed in the feature code list for that domain. So *60 is not in the feature code list so PBXNSIP thinks it should pass the *60(plus 4 digit call number) to the dial plan but in fact *60 must be PBXNSIP's special internal code that allows a programmed button in a snom or voip phone to pickup a ringing ect or a call from the agent group if you have a button programmed to monitor a agent group.

Give it a try and I think you'll end up with the same result.

1. Program a button in a SNOM phone as an Agent Group.

2. Make sure all your permissions are set properly.

3. Have someone call the Q so you can see the Snom Agent Group LED flash.

4. Now pickup your hand set and press the programmed Agent Group LED....you will see in your display *604digit number - the 4 or 5 digit number is the current call number in the system.

After pressing the Agent Group LED button PBXNSIP should connect the person that's in the Q to your phone - but it doesn't.

PBXNSIP will pass the full *604digit call number to the dial plan and your phone might say not found - I'm using a proxy server so PBXNSIP passes the *604digit call number to my proxy server and my proxy server reports back to PBXNSIP not found because *604digit number is not a telephone number.

All of the above is just my guess on the possible reason for this bug if it's even a bug.

pbxnsip - please try it and let us know.

Thanks

in v4 i think the default call pickup code is *87. just try dialing *87 <ok> when another extension is ringing...

Matt

Hi mattlandis,

We know about the *87 but that's not what were trying to do. We have a specfic extension or agent group programmed into a button on our snom phone....when it flashes we should be able to press it and the call comes to our phone - it doesn't work.

Loaded ver 4.0.1.3456 and this bug still exists.

SNOM 370 button number 9 is programmed as an agent group with the value 600 which is the Sales Q....when the led flashes that means a caller is waiting in the sales q - my agent picks up her snom 370 and then presses the flashing led button and the call should come to her - it doesn't - she gets a message on her phone - "not found *60134"

What does *60134 mean? probably the *60 is the PBXNSIP internal code that is used to grab the call and the numbers after it 134 is the ID or current call in the system - so if another caller is waiting it will be 135 and so on.

It looks like PBXNSIP is trying to pass the *60 and the 134 to the dial plan which returns not found - I think this bug was introuduced when the source code was changed to allow passing * star codes to the dial plan.

I thought *00 to *60 is used for speed dial numbers?

PBXNSIP - please test this and confirm it's a bug.

Thanks

What does *60134 mean? probably the *60 is the PBXNSIP internal code that is used to grab the call and the numbers after it 134 is the ID or current call in the system - so if another caller is waiting it will be 135 and so on.

*601 is the internal code and if the call (which is behind the code) is not there any moe then the code probably passed to the dial plan. Now we have to deal with the question what to do with this star code. Maybe we need another settings that controls weather star codes are passed to the dial plan or not (we could survive a couple of years without it). Or we have to introduce a list of star codes that are passed through.

*601 is the internal code and if the call (which is behind the code) is not there any moe then the code probably passed to the dial plan.

Hi pbxnsip,

Ok so *601 is the 3 digit code that PBXNSIP uses to grab a call....the numbers behind the *601(call number) is the actual call that we are trying to grab...I can confirm 100% that the call we are trying to grab is still there waiting to be grabbed but this is a bug - we get a not found message on our phone and we can see the person is still waiting in the queue because the led is still flashing and we can also see via the web status that the caller is still there. We try to press the flashing led button again and we see our phone tries the same thing *601(call number) but we get a not found.

Now we have to deal with the question what to do with this star code. Maybe we need another settings that controls weather star codes are passed to the dial plan or not (we could survive a couple of years without it). Or we have to introduce a list of star codes that are passed through.

Once the *601 bug is fixed - where it actual works and grabs the caller waiting when you press the flashiing LED then the chances of this second problem you described happening would be very few if any. Meaning when the led is flashing which means the caller is waiting and I go to press that led button the caller would have to hangup a split second before I finish pressing the led button for that caller to not be in the PBXNSIP system anymore and then the *601(call number) would be passed to the dial plan and return with the not found message.

I think if you get the *601 working that nobody would even notice the second problem because it probably wouldn't happen or not happen that often.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

We have the same problem here. Everything worked well on version 3 but now that we have upgraded to V4 we can not pickup calls via the buttons. the fault is the same as you described. Since our users are in open offices, they are in the habbit of picking up calls on their neighbours extensions via the buttons (assigned to extensions within their earshot). With this now failing, we have had loads of calls and heart ache. Please sort it our PBXnSIP :)

We have the same problem here. Everything worked well on version 3 but now that we have upgraded to V4 we can not pickup calls via the buttons. the fault is the same as you described. Since our users are in open offices, they are in the habbit of picking up calls on their neighbours extensions via the buttons (assigned to extensions within their earshot). With this now failing, we have had loads of calls and heart ache. Please sort it our PBXnSIP :)

Did you try using BLF instead of "monitor extension.." as "nexSIP" suggested?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

We currently have the same issue (on Snom360) which prevent us from migrating to the v4.

We have extension set on the buttons. When the light is blinking, I hit the button to pick up the call (was perfectly working on v3) but I have a message on the screen "Not available xx" (where xx is the extension number I pickup.

Has anybody find a way to correct this?

Thank you