IVR settings not saved untill restart of service

Leonmeijer

Hello,

I was trying to set up an IVR node that only playes a sound and then redirects the call so I used:

!E!100! !T!100! in the DTMF match list, actually it didn't work utnill I restarted the service, I've detected that there are more functions that need a restart of the service, why not announce that on the page of these settings?

Also trunks somethimes need a restart of the service somehow...

I also want to fully DISABLE user input, the wave file should keep playing also if the user presses a button on the phone, only the # sign shouuld stop playing and follow the !E!100! dtmf, how to do this?

I also want to fully DISABLE user input, the wave file should keep playing also if the user presses a button on the phone, only the # sign shouuld stop playing and follow the !E!100! dtmf, how to do this?

That would be the right way to disable user input. You don't need the timeout pattern.

Why a restart would fix this is a mystery to me. These things don't require anything that would be read only during a restart.

That would be the right way to disable user input. You don't need the timeout pattern.

Why a restart would fix this is a mystery to me. These things don't require anything that would be read only during a restart.

I'm currently using the latest 4 beta, if the user presses a key, the wave stops playing and the time out kicks in... it doesn't just "ignore" user input which it should do... (only # is allowed to stop the wave and forward).

Is that a v4 problem or.... do I something wrong?

I'm currently using the latest 4 beta, if the user presses a key, the wave stops playing and the time out kicks in... it doesn't just "ignore" user input which it should do... (only # is allowed to stop the wave and forward).

Is that a v4 problem or.... do I something wrong?

Hmm. Yes when the user starts entering something, then the audio playback stops. This usually makes sense, because most IVR node applications would want to wait for complete input (without playback). We could define an exception that if the list of patterns only contains "E" we never stop playback; but generally it is a bad idea to define such cryptical rules that in the end noone will understand.

Proposal for a workaround: If you match any digit (with the pattern "[0-9]") then redirect directly to the destination. This becomes a feature for those who dont want to wait for the end of the annoucement.

Yeah but in some cases people don't want to wait, but some important information could be told then they start pressing arround to get rid of the message, which in most systems doesn't do anything and just keep playing the message, in some cases only # can stop playing the sound (that's my experience) I would like to just ignore input but else, I will just use an expression that redirects when [0-9] or * / # is pressed.

Yeah but in some cases people don't want to wait, but some important information could be told then they start pressing arround to get rid of the message, which in most systems doesn't do anything and just keep playing the message, in some cases only # can stop playing the sound (that's my experience) I would like to just ignore input but else, I will just use an expression that redirects when [0-9] or * / # is pressed.

We need a settings for this. Will be added.

• 4 weeks later...