DDI Tagging

joeh

I have a customer who really needs the 'DDI Tagging' functionality found on other PBX systems. DDI Tagging basically rewrites the CLI so it displays a given name when a specific DDI is called, this allows the operator to answer the phone with the correct greeting.

e.g.

A call comes in on ISDN for 100, 100 is Company A's DDI - the phone displays "Company A" and the operator answers appropriately.

A call comes in on ISDN for 105, 105 is Z Inc's DDI - the phone displays "Z inc." and the operator answers appropriately.

Is there any way of achieving this at the current time?

At the minute I'm assigning a different identity to Snom phones and using the LED function keys. My problem is they have a lot of DDIs like this and their former system (BT Versatility) supports DDI tagging. (Google suggests a lot of other systems do to).

I'm a little bit stuck with this which basically leaves me two options, neither of which are desirable.

1) I can use a different ISDN gateway that supports multiple SIP accounts. I can then configure routing on the Gateway to say, DDI 100 use Sip Account A. I would then configure the gateway to send the SIP UserID as the CLI. This is a pain.

2) I can sit an Asterisk Box in front of PBXnSIP or run it on Linux on a non-standard port, and trunk all calls in this way, re-write the CLI, then forward to PBXnSIP.

Any suggestions?

Let me try to understand this 100 %.

So lets say the PBX receives an incoming request from 2121231234 to 9781231234 - which belongs to "Company A". The receptioning is registered at extension 123. The packet going to the phone would look like this:

INVITE sip:123@192.168.1.2;line=123 SIP/2.0

To: "Company A" <sip:9781231234@localhost>

P-Asserted-Identity: "2121231234" <sip:2121231234@localhost>

The phone's job is then to display the "Company A", so that the receiptionist is able to say "welcome to company A - how can I help you"?

The way to do this is to use the address book. The PBX changes the display name according to what is in the address book, also for the To-header.

I just saw that this is a bit difficult if you are using the 2.0.0 version (thought not impossible!). In 2.0.1 this will be the default behavior.

I have done the same with smaller multi-tenant deployments and what you want to do is quite arduous and not very scalable I agree ..

I generally have 2-4 Identities on the snom phones and assign different ring tones and button assignments so the user knows what company the intended call is for ..

basicaslly, you need a way to take the ANI, send it to a database of names and insert that name into the SIP header ..

otherwise, we could probably force the ANI to popup on the SNOM, but then the receptionist would have to memorize all the numbers for the tenants ..

if you don't plan to exceed 10 tenants or so this may be doable ..

Basically you are using the system as a BLEC .. Support may have a quick fix, if not you can hire a programmer through PBXNSIP to write the scri[t for you to represent the ANI as a system customization .

yori

www.brandywinetech.com

The way to do this is to use the address book. The PBX changes the display name according to what is in the address book, also for the To-header

They use Snom 360's. Can I configure them to display both the From and To so they know how to answer the phone?

untitled1zw7.gif

Like I said - I can always do something on the ISDN gateway or on an Asterisk box, but would prefer to avoid that. At the same time - I don't know if there's sufficient demand to have it written as an add-on.

If the phone can't display the "To", If the address book matches both the `From` and the `To`, perhaps some control over what is sent as the display name in the From.

To use your example;

INVITE sip:123@192.168.1.2;line=123 SIP/2.0

To: "Company A" <sip:9781231234@localhost>

P-Asserted-Identity: "2121231234" <sip:2121231234@localhost>

That's an odd one and more a SNOM question ... I do know they have alot of options for the to: and from: header replacement ... there is a beta of the v7 Snom software that is pretty intense ... I saw it for just a short time ... there may be some options for you around the corner .. ..

the pbxnsip service unfortunately just presents what the phone gives it .. any of the header replacements are more or less trunk options ..

yori