Annonymous name recordings

Leonmeijer

Hello,

Someone annonymous keeps on calling me but, of cource when I'm not in, they also don't leave a message behind on the voicemail, so now I set the Ask for name feature on annonymous calls, today when I came back I saw 1 missed call from "Annonymous (none)" but now I'm unable to find the recorded name, if it's recorded (but I guess so because the call got through...).

When the calls come in to the PBX (trunk) they go to an agent group which transfers the call to the extension, i've set the name agent group to the phone number of which they come (trunk 1 or 2) with the remote party ID included so I can see to which number is being called.

Can someone tell me where to find the recorded names or where to specifiy the location to store them?

Another question I have, maybe I need to create another topic for it, is it possible to record calls on the agent group from the point they enter the queue (so you can listen back who was in that queue).

Regards,

Leon

Can someone tell me where to find the recorded names or where to specifiy the location to store them?

Another question I have, maybe I need to create another topic for it, is it possible to record calls on the agent group from the point they enter the queue (so you can listen back who was in that queue).

After the caller hangs up, the recording is deleted. The only purpose of the recording is to play it back when you pick up. It might be an interesting idea to make it accessible in the call record; but that has not been done yet.

The recording for the agent group (as for the hunt group) was changed in version 4. Now we record the trunk side, so that transfers don't stop the recording.

After the caller hangs up, the recording is deleted. The only purpose of the recording is to play it back when you pick up. It might be an interesting idea to make it accessible in the call record; but that has not been done yet.

The recording for the agent group (as for the hunt group) was changed in version 4. Now we record the trunk side, so that transfers don't stop the recording.

Oke, would be nice to put the name in the recording (or save the name).

I've also just tested how the name prompting works.

- I called annonymously to my phone number from another phone (outside the pbxnsip).

- The call went from the trunk to the agent group and, yes yes from the agent group directly to the extention WITHOUT the name prompt... oops, that's not right... so, is that a version 4 bug or not included yet?

There must be prompted for a name if the caller-id is none or annonymous in ANY case;)

Regards,

Leon

Oke, would be nice to put the name in the recording (or save the name).

I've also just tested how the name prompting works.

- I called annonymously to my phone number from another phone (outside the pbxnsip).

- The call went from the trunk to the agent group and, yes yes from the agent group directly to the extention WITHOUT the name prompt... oops, that's not right... so, is that a version 4 bug or not included yet?

There must be prompted for a name if the caller-id is none or annonymous in ANY case;)

No, that is not a bug. Groups don't record the name, this is just not practical. And the recording can never depend on which agent picks the call up. The point about a group is that several extensions may pick the call up and the decision is made based on the caller-ID in the display. If the agent has to permission to make a decision if the call should be picked up or not!

No, that is not a bug. Groups don't record the name, this is just not practical. And the recording can never depend on which agent picks the call up. The point about a group is that several extensions may pick the call up and the decision is made based on the caller-ID in the display. If the agent has to permission to make a decision if the call should be picked up or not!

I use the agent group to place calls in a queue if the number is busy, and I need to record a name for annonymous calls, so... how can I do this? I suggest (seen the above) a feature in agent group "forward annonymous calls to" or can I do it by adding an IVR node "before" the agent group wich does a from based routing annonymous to extension blabla, but... in the wiki I can't find a DTMF for annonymous (maybe A?) so I guess when use:

!0!100! (0 is empty/nothing/annonymous I guess) in the FROM based routing of an IVR will do or not?