PBX Drops call to Exchange 2007 while leaving voicemail

Tom Waterman

Ok so I have exchange 2007 SP1 UM completely setup and it works great. You can call into Exchange and browse mail boxes dial out all that great stuff. However when you go to leave a voice mail you have about 9 seconds to do it and the PBX sends Exchange a bye message. Right in the middle of leaving the voicemail. I have a wireshark capture from Exchange is Support would like to see it. We are using Version 3.4.0.3201 Help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

• 11 months later...

Tom,

I wanted to follow up with you on this issue, i am having the same exact problem. I have a Nortel CS1K 5.5 / OCS / Exchange 2007 UM setup. This problem has been intermittent it would go away on it's own, it started up a couple days ago and has not gone away. I just wanted to check with you if you got this resolved?

Ok so I have exchange 2007 SP1 UM completely setup and it works great. You can call into Exchange and browse mail boxes dial out all that great stuff. However when you go to leave a voice mail you have about 9 seconds to do it and the PBX sends Exchange a bye message. Right in the middle of leaving the voicemail. I have a wireshark capture from Exchange is Support would like to see it. We are using Version 3.4.0.3201 Help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Thank you for your reply, Sorry for my ignorance but could you be a little more specific? What version 4? on the CS1K? The people who installed the CS1K / OCS and Exchange UM did not fully understand it and just left it the way it was. We have been trouble shooting a lot of different issues with it for the past 2 years.

Thanking you in advance.

If you are using version 4, check if the IP address was automatically blacklisted (admin/settings/access) or better make sure it is whitelisted. Thats the only thing I can think of regarding "intermittent".

Thank you for your reply, Sorry for my ignorance but could you be a little more specific? What version 4? on the CS1K? The people who installed the CS1K / OCS and Exchange UM did not fully understand it and just left it the way it was. We have been trouble shooting a lot of different issues with it for the past 2 years.

Version 4 on the PBX (like 4.2). We introduced a feature in version 4 that automatically blocks IP addresses when they sent too many requests without proper authorization. That gives you this feeling of sporadic "dead horse" behavior. If you are still running the PBX on version 3, I would suggest that you make a backup and try to move to version 4.2 (latest). There are many issues being addressed between version 3 and 4, and your problem might be one of them.