PBXnSIP WAV files not playing on Droid 2.2 Phones

andrewgroup

After having just upgraded to the Sprint EVO, I've since learned the WAV format used by PBXnSIP is not natively played and it seems to be well known. Numerous posts exists about this problem. Has someone found the least interuptive cure? Trying LINDA to associate WAV files, trying meridian player, and others free versions, Happy to pay a $1 or $2 for an ad-free version... no Love yet..

We had this problem already with BlackBerry phones... Seems like the cell phones dont like the GSM WAV files. Unfortunately, there are different GSM formats so maybe this requires some tweaking. Do you have an email that works (using GSM)? Or should we just "compress" it to u-law? We need an email with a WAV attachment that works (ideally both on Android and BlackBerry).

We had this problem already with BlackBerry phones... Seems like the cell phones dont like the GSM WAV files. Unfortunately, there are different GSM formats so maybe this requires some tweaking. Do you have an email that works (using GSM)? Or should we just "compress" it to u-law? We need an email with a WAV attachment that works (ideally both on Android and BlackBerry).

it does work fine on blackberry or on EVO

try to listen to that wav file on your PC you might have the same issue that the PBX send an empty file, do you have more then one email address added ? if yes then the 1st email address will get the wave file and the 2nd will get an empty file

or is your pbx up more then 15 days? do a restart

I've downloaded and installed from the Droid market the program called "REMOTE WAVE" from Walter Yongtao Wang Version 1.7.7 and it automatically ties intself into the audio system and when I click Open in a WAV attachment I choose and select always use remote wave and Voila, it works perfectly. While I would hope the Droid OS addresses this, a $00.99 solution is more than acceptable.

I've downloaded and installed from the Droid market the program called "REMOTE WAVE" from Walter Yongtao Wang Version 1.7.7 and it automatically ties intself into the audio system and when I click Open in a WAV attachment I choose and select always use remote wave and Voila, it works perfectly. While I would hope the Droid OS addresses this, a $00.99 solution is more than acceptable.

The Droid OS will fix this bug in the next release. I believe it will be 2.3. It worked prior to version 2.2. Then I upgeaded to 2.2 and it is broken. It is not just the PBXnSIP files I can't play anymore it is my Vonage voicemails as well. :-)

Tom