Who is paging? Time limit?

adampcpi

We just went live with our pbxnsip setup and we are using paging using multicast and on a delay to avoid feedback from nearby phones... we have had cases were people accidently hit the page button and then forget about it and then they hang up... then it sends the page... the only way I have been able to get rid of this is go in the console and end the call...

Question 1: is there possibly a way to end the current page using a feature code?

Question 2: is there anyway to see the extension paging on the phones?

Question 3: is there anyway we can limit the length of pages?

TIA

-Adam

Adam,

You have a lot of things going on here it seems.

I am assuming we are using multicast.

by "delay" do you mean the page group is set to "play recorded message"?

The feedback issue--is this because they are using speaker phone to page? Does picking up the phone to page avoid this?

#1-no star code. (a wild shot would be the clean up * code--but doubt it)

#2-with multicast technically its coming from an IP, not really an extension.

#3-dont think.

I am curious if you would use pa1 in unicast mode--how many snom pa1's would you need?

If it is 5 then you could unicast and avoid some of the above issues?

Also, on the multicast volume--I think we should take this up with snom. I think that should be addressed by them.

thank!

Matt

Consider using the recording option. Then the user first has to record the message, and after hanging up it will be played back. This will definitevely help with the echo, maybe also with the accidential dial.

We are using the record option but the issue is trying to kill the long page... haven't found a way to do it yet... the call does not show up in the Current Active Calls and I don't see it in any log file... How can I log all calls to the paging extension?

I don't believe multicast goes thru the pbx. The pbx just sprays an rtp stream to all listening phones if I am thinking correctly.

It still has to go through the PBX somehow as the users are dialing the paging extension then it records the message and the plays it back to the RTP stream... in my current setup the call logs don't even display internal extensions so maybe by enabling that I can see dialed to the paging extension...

Is there a way to include internal calls in the call log and not just external calls?

It still has to go through the PBX somehow as the users are dialing the paging extension then it records the message and the plays it back to the RTP stream... in my current setup the call logs don't even display internal extensions so maybe by enabling that I can see dialed to the paging extension...

Is there a way to include internal calls in the call log and not just external calls?

If you are talking about the multicast paging, there is no SIP involved for the destination (2nd call leg). PBX just sends RTP to the multicast IP addresses that is specified on the paging account. Any phone (or device) that is listening on that specific multicast IP:Port will automatically receives the RTP.

If you are talking about the multicast paging, there is no SIP involved for the destination (2nd call leg). PBX just sends RTP to the multicast IP addresses that is specified on the paging account. Any phone (or device) that is listening on that specific multicast IP:Port will automatically receives the RTP.

Right now I can see the calls in the active call list to the paging extension so why can't this be included in the call logs or any other internal call?

Right now I can see the calls in the active call list to the paging extension so why can't this be included in the call logs or any other internal call?

In v4, we display only the 'external' calls in the "Call Log" screen. We have received couple of requests to see other (internal) calls in the "Call Log". We will make provision for it in the future releases.