Recording Re-Directed Calls

andrewgroup

Seems we are not recording all or any calls that are redirected immediately from an extension to a remote cell phone. Can we not accomplish this, or must we do some trickery like redirected after ringing to record these calls. Nay comments are helpful. Thanks

It depends. A redirection does not count as extension call, that is a feature. If the call gets forked to the cell phone, then that call should be recorded as extension call.

We are burning an extension with a forward all calls to the cell phone, how should we set this up so that it is a forked call and gets recorded?

More 411,

I created an extension on win32 3.4, and set ring cell phone option after 1 second, and the extension is set to record all calls. Calling this extension internally or from an external phone to its DID number are properly forwarded to the cell phone number, but in neither case are the calls recorded.

does this information help?

Thanks

Here is what we did to test.

We created an account on our PBX and assigned it a full DID that is delivered the the extension via the 7 or 10 digit alias on the account.

We created a duplicate trunk (Outbound and proxy only to the same ITSP) we assigned this extension the new dial plan that uses the outonly trunk.

We are able to call the extension, the calls are forwarded via the new trunk to a cell phone, but no recordings are appearing in the recordings folder.

Is this what you meant when you said the call was forked?

What more can we do to help us and others diagnose and create a solution to recording re-directed calls. we are here to help in any way.

Cheers

It depends. A redirection does not count as extension call, that is a feature. If the call gets forked to the cell phone, then that call should be recorded as extension call.

how do we FORK a call? vs a Redirection. We have tried several things but no love. I think I'm ready to F@%K this issue. Ha.

We recently tried different recording scenario (in 4.2.0.3981). We did not see the issue.

To answer the 'forking' question, I think you have already mentioned it. That is, set the cell phone number in the cell phone field ("Redirection" page). You can also have "call forward when not registered" option on the same page for "redirection"

We recently tried different recording scenario (in 4.2.0.3981). We did not see the issue.

To answer the 'forking' question, I think you have already mentioned it. That is, set the cell phone number in the cell phone field ("Redirection" page). You can also have "call forward when not registered" option on the same page for "redirection"

We are using 4.2.0.3911 (Win32) If we do the EXE upgrade, might we have problems, and how do we avoid this? Could you retest the recording scenario and use the same to confirm if the issue is directly related?

Cheers -

• 2 weeks later...

So we figured out how to solve this problem. The settings about the recording in the PBX web interface actually define when the recording starts. Once the recording started, transfers will not change the recording going on; only the hangup of the call leg will change it (it will end as well). That seems to handle all use cases that came to our mind in a good way.

So we figured out how to solve this problem. The settings about the recording in the PBX web interface actually define when the recording starts. Once the recording started, transfers will not change the recording going on; only the hangup of the call leg will change it (it will end as well). That seems to handle all use cases that came to our mind in a good way.

Whose problem did you solve? AndrewGroup or Hosted? The explanation above does not advise us on how to resolve the issue we first posted. We've made numerous changes and tests, but no love recording a call that gets forwarded to an external cell phone. Does the statement above mean that you have duplicated the problems seen by us and hosted and have a lab fix and we should anticipate a new version in the near future?

Thanks for the update.

We fixed a basic recording logic(as mentioned by 'pbxnsip'). Since it is very hard to understand every configuration sometimes, if you let us know what OS and the current version number (as seen on the Status page), we can send to the updated version. That way you see if your case is covered with this fix.

We fixed a basic recording logic(as mentioned by 'pbxnsip'). Since it is very hard to understand every configuration sometimes, if you let us know what OS and the current version number (as seen on the Status page), we can send to the updated version. That way you see if your case is covered with this fix.

Previously posted that we are using ver 4.2.0.3911 (Win32)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We tested it on 2011-4.2.1.4014 version and seems to work fine.

This is a trace of a redirected call to my cell phone. Logs tells us that the call was redirected to another source which is my cell phone, noticed that the recording is being logged as well The call 664 is being recorded at recordings/20110512/154810-i-9783089409-"

Check the recording here.

http://plugvoip.com/154441-i-9783089409-9787462777.wav

cell%20phone%20redirections.png

ACK sip:@192.168.1.25:15200;transport=udp SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 173.166.77.210:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-f6584dca63f3ad3348c742b14ecaa96d;rport

Route: <sip:4.53.160.136;r2=on;lr=on;ftag=1064508404;did=92e.6853ce27>

Route: <sip:192.168.1.22;r2=on;lr=on;ftag=1064508404;did=92e.6853ce27>

From: "Hamlet Collado" <sip:34492356256@boston1.snom2.com;user=phone>;tag=1064508404

To: <sip:9783089409@4.53.160.136:5060;user=phone>;tag=5pa9pZra87Zte

Call-ID: 88eb0fbc@pbx

CSeq: 19131 ACK

Max-Forwards: 70

Remote-Party-ID: "Hamlet Collado" <sip:3392276156@testcall.com;user=phone>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=full

Content-Length: 0

[8] 2011/05/12 15:48:10: Call state for call object 664: connected

[8] 2011/05/12 15:48:10: The call 664 is being recorded at recordings/20110512/154810-i-9783089409-9787462777.wav

[5] 2011/05/12 15:48:11: SIP Tx udp:24.63.41.155:3072:

CANCEL sip:6156@192.168.15.101:3072;line=lmc58mlw SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 173.166.77.210:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-db426541b8b6718de5cc8ed129a716f6;rport

From: "pbxnsip Inc" <sip:9787462777@bostonpbx.snom.com;user=phone>;tag=328716325

To: "Hamlet Collado" <sip:6190@boston1.snom1.com>

Call-ID: 82fbd405@pbx

CSeq: 12742 CANCEL

Max-Forwards: 70

Reason: SIP;cause=200;text="Call completed elsewhere"

Content-Length: 0

What version was used for the this test?

We originally discovered this using 4.2.0.3911 and have since upgraded to 4.2.1.4002

What were your log settings to capture this nice call trace?

I will attempt to duplicate your success, and if not open a paid support request for assistance.

Thank you.

Here is an update.

"record all calls is set."

I call the client Backup door auto attendant, go to the extension of choice, talk 1 minute. They transfer the call to a remote cell phone, we talk another minute. The first minute generates a 1 minute wav file recording, the conversation with the cell phone is not recorded.

I think I'll open a support request, unless you have a brilliant idea. Thanks

It's always been the implicit policy that PBX records only the calls that are associated with some account. If the call is transferred to an external number we stop the recording for the "legal" reasons.

It looks like more folks want this feature. I think we will make this as a System/Domain setting so that it is the system admin's can choose if they want to record calls to external numbers.

BTW, you can let us know all the cases that are not working now so that we can verify them before we release the version.

Not to sound crass, but it took this long to learn of this.

Does this also mean that the previous post attempting to show that this was working, actually was a case where the Cell Phone was set to ring after so many seconds, and not a call truly redirected to another number?

We do appreciate the forum efforts, and are happy to pay for support, but paying to learn these kind of Caveats will drive someone nuts...

We are going to feel extremely embarrassed when we explain to a client that has been asking for this since February, OPPS, the system can't do that.

Makes us look stupid, huh?

Thanks for the update.