Trunk Re-Registration Problems

JohnnyG

I dont see anything special about that DNS address:

$ host -t NAPTR voip.eutelia.it

$ host -t SRV _sips._tcp.voip.eutelia.it

Host _sips._tcp.voip.eutelia.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

$ host -t SRV _sip._tcp.voip.eutelia.it

Host _sip._tcp.voip.eutelia.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

$ host -t SRV _sip._udp.voip.eutelia.it

_sip._udp.voip.eutelia.it has SRV record 0 0 5060 voip.eutelia.it.

$ host -t AAAA voip.eutelia.it

$ host -t A voip.eutelia.it

voip.eutelia.it has address 83.211.227.21

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see anything special about that DNS address:

$ host -t NAPTR voip.eutelia.it

$ host -t SRV _sips._tcp.voip.eutelia.it

Host _sips._tcp.voip.eutelia.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

$ host -t SRV _sip._tcp.voip.eutelia.it

Host _sip._tcp.voip.eutelia.it not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

$ host -t SRV _sip._udp.voip.eutelia.it

_sip._udp.voip.eutelia.it has SRV record 0 0 5060 voip.eutelia.it.

$ host -t AAAA voip.eutelia.it

$ host -t A voip.eutelia.it

voip.eutelia.it has address 83.211.227.21

You don't see anything special about that DNS address...

But i can tell you that if I set the proxy address as "voip.eutelia.it" I have the problem; if I set "83.211.227.21" I don't have the problem.

Any idea?

Thanks

We had cases where there were so many DNS entries for records that the UDP packet got too big. Thats not the case here.

We have seen a lot of other cases, where DNS servers were simply buggy, e.g. could not handle NAPTR, SRV or AAAA requests and that was causing issues. Especially when using DNS servers from small, cheap DSL or cable modem routers, chances are that they mingle the DNS packets up. Usually it helps to use a public DNS server instead (e.g. 8.8.8.8 from Google).

Really hard to say... Only PCAP will tell us what is going on on the network level. If not too inconvenient, can you run Wireshark and send me a private message with the link to the data?

According to snom support, i have updated the software to 2011-4.5.0.1016 Alpha Monocerotids version and now the system is ok.

Thank you anyway.

Dario

• 1 month later...

I don't know about the Beta but I have customers on 5021 and if the internet goes out at one of my customers, then comes back some time later, the trunk stays 408 until someone manually clicks the register button. The worst part is I don't get an email in this instance because the PBX also thinks the email has been sent. I will disconnect my company PBX from the network tonight (It has the new Beta) for 15 minutes and see if it reconnects after I connect it back to the network.

We get this a lot now. Used to get it all the time in early version 4 builds, Went away for a long time, but seems to be happening again. Might be just coincident.

If we hard code to a proxy with its IP it is never an issue, if we have it pointing to the FCDN of the server after the connection is backup it sits on "408 Request timed out - Retry in 60 seconds", but never does. If we hit "Register" it is fine.

We don't want to hard code to the IP of the server as we have SRV entries on the Domain Name and some failover/load balancing setup. If we hard code to 1 server we loose redundancy.

Are these TCP based registrations or UDP? There was an issue in the low level TCP layer in the last version(symptom was TCP CDR stopped working). Just wanted to see if that is the case here too. This problem has been fixed. If both are related, then this should be fixed too.

We are releasing the new version later today.