Music on hold while ringing agents

David McGowan

Is there a way to have the music on hold play until an agent picks up and not hear the ringing?

We have only 4 support phones registered and the default calls all 4 as soon as the extension is hit...

this makes the user never hear the music on hold and hear the ringing as they wait for the user. We have the timeout set to awhile so we hear the phone ringing and someone is not at the desks and we need to go back to answer them, there is not always someone there, but we need them to ring.

david

Well the purpose of the ringback tone is to indicate the caller to pay close attention now as probably one of the agents is running to the phone to grab the call. Music on hold says relax, this might take a while.

What you can do is record something in prompt 0 of the queue, maybe something like "welcome to xxx, we are talking your call very serious. Did you know we have a new product". Then the caller will hear MoH and will be happy that there is a agent ready for him right away.

Callers are usually delighted if they don't have to listen to MoH for too long...

• 8 months later...

Hi;

i have the same problem by some clients of mine!...they may add a few backup agents but those agents are not always by their desk however when a call comes into the agent group even if there is noone available at their desk the agent group does not know this and therefore gives the ringback tone instead of music which is less professional sounding then music which is what they would like...coudll you possibly add the option into the agent group to choose if you want it to ringback or continue to play music if agents are available?

i have the same problem by some clients of mine!...they may add a few backup agents but those agents are not always by their desk however when a call comes into the agent group even if there is noone available at their desk the agent group does not know this and therefore gives the ringback tone instead of music which is less professional sounding then music which is what they would like...coudll you possibly add the option into the agent group to choose if you want it to ringback or continue to play music if agents are available?

I don't know... If I am in a queue and hear music that is the signal for me that I put the handset next to the phone and put the call on speaker. If then someone immediately picks up immediately without ringback - that does not sounds very professional to me.

If you want to give them the impression that this is a "professional" queue then you can still record a welcome annoucement that everybody will hear. During that time the PBX also some MoH into the audio (which does sound very professional).

• 1 month later...
I don't know... If I am in a queue and hear music that is the signal for me that I put the handset next to the phone and put the call on speaker. If then someone immediately picks up immediately without ringback - that does not sounds very professional to me.

If you want to give them the impression that this is a "professional" queue then you can still record a welcome annoucement that everybody will hear. During that time the PBX also some MoH into the audio (which does sound very professional).

I agree with the concept of the ringback tone however the problem is that if like in this particular case there are agents who are not always by their phones then the callers are therefore getting the ringback tone immediately after the "0" message.