Hunt groups and Park orbit

Happy

If an extension parks a call, the call normally gets back to the extension after some time.

Using this logic to a HG, I would expect the call to go back to the HG that initiated the park. But that is not what is happening : the call remains in the park orbit forever.

Is it because I put the park orbit number in the last stage of the HG ? I know that would create a loop, but if it checks the presence of the call inbetween, that is not a problem. It is nice to be able to put a call in a park orbit if you are not able to handle it instantly, but having no reminder except a BLF is a bit over the edge...

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, the park orbit remembers which extension (= neck to grab) parked the call. If we would have to send the call back to the group, the call might end up with someone else, or, even worse, after nobody wanted to pick up, in a redirected number, maybe even outside.

I would just not send the call to a park orbit. Maybe just send them to a ACD or to a mailbox.

Right now, the park orbit remembers which extension (= neck to grab) parked the call. If we would have to send the call back to the group, the call might end up with someone else, or, even worse, after nobody wanted to pick up, in a redirected number, maybe even outside.

I would just not send the call to a park orbit. Maybe just send them to a ACD or to a mailbox.

Our problem is this :

- we would like to get a call put on hold by pbxnsip, if the operator is busy on the phone. It is frustrating to pick up the next line, tell them to be patient and then put them on hold, then going back to the first caller.

- but there should be a possibility to be warned IF the operator forgets the second pending call afterwards. Wireless phones for example don't have BLF to warn you.

Maybe there is a solution or workaround to get this done, but I don't find it in the (wealth of) tools pbxnsip is offering.

Best Regards,

Marc.

I think the hunt group is just not the right way to do this. The ACD has a lot more possibilities to keep callers lined up nicely and you can record some prompts informing them and keeping them lined up. Then you have all the time to process them one by one. In case there is no line, the caller would still get the ringback tone immediately.

I think the hunt group is just not the right way to do this. The ACD has a lot more possibilities to keep callers lined up nicely and you can record some prompts informing them and keeping them lined up. Then you have all the time to process them one by one. In case there is no line, the caller would still get the ringback tone immediately.

I read the admin manual and indeed Automatic Call Distribution seems to be the better way to go. I'll give it a try !

Marc

There seems to be one problem with the ACD : we have 6 phones in different places and 2 persons to pick them up, but they can be at any phone when a call comes in. So phones ringing one after the other are definitely NOT the way to go. Is the following scenario possible : use a HG in the agent extension list and log the HG in automatically (field 'Administratively login these agents') ?

Marc