LDAP directory problem

spidersden

Hello,

I have noticed that when dialing some of my Agent Group extensions internally, I'm seeing an incorrect name displayed on my Snom 870.

I am running SnomONE Blue on Linux:

Version: 2011-4.2.1.4025 (Linux)

Created on: Jun 27 2011 12:40:10

License Status: snom ONE blue

My phone is running firmware version 8.4.31

Older versions of the phone firmware & PBX had an issue where calls to extensions would scroll through every name in the PBX directory when making an internal call. I am not being affected by this problem.

When directly dialing an agent group or hunt group from my phone, I was seeing the name of a seemingly random user being displayed as the destination caller id on the phone instead of the name of the hunt group or agent group I was dialing. The phones are auto-provisioned by the PBX and I haven't messed with the Name or Number filters on the phone too much. I have removed "%mobile" from the "LDAP display name" field.

I attempted to correct this problem by manually creating entries for each hunt group and agent queue in the domain address book [settings | Address Book | Load CSV File] . I had previously been letting the PBX handle all of that on it's own (without me adding entries).

After adding the phone book entries manually, I'm seeing 2 names flash on the caller ID when I dial, usually the incorrect name first, followed by the correct name, but other times it is displaying the correct name first before settling on the incorrect name (depends on the alphabetical order of the 2 names returned by the LDAP query)

Pulling a full PCAP trace from the phone after making a quick test call is showing the phone sending this query to the PBX

(404 is the actual hunt group extension in this case)

Filter: (telephoneNumber=404)

Attributes:

AttributeDescriptionList: cn

AttributeDescriptionList: telephoneNumber

The response I'm getting is showing both info for the hunt group, and for a seemingly random user.

One that's correct:

CN=Network Services

telephoneNumber=404

And one that's not even close:

CN=Hannah [lastname removed]

telephoneNumber=404

Hannah's extension is actually 264. She is also not a member of the Network Services hunt group.

I can provide the .pcap file if needed, but will have to remove her last name from the file which will show TCP checksum errors when opening the file in wireshark.

This is also happening for some other hunt groups and some agent queues, so it doesn't appear to be related to the "404" extension but the directory does seem to be working properly when calling any of the "Extension" accounts.

Can someone shed some light on this situation for me? Do I need to manually configure the domain address book to include all users of types Extension, Hunt Group, and Agent Group? Or have I found a bug?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

~Scott

Please keep in mind that the LDAP server on the PBX has a very limited functionality. The PnP mechanism provisons something into the LDAP settings of the phone that should work. If you start editing t, changes are pretty hght you are hitting something that is simply not implemented on the PBX.

Please keep in mind that the LDAP server on the PBX has a very limited functionality. The PnP mechanism provisons something into the LDAP settings of the phone that should work. If you start editing t, changes are pretty hght you are hitting something that is simply not implemented on the PBX.

I only started making changes after discovering a problem. I'm pretty sure that they're back to defaults now with the exception of the ldap_display_name field because I do not want 2 entries per user to show up in the company directory. We were seeing one entry for the user's local extension, and one for their cell phone number. Due to us having 75 employees, we prefer to use the *00 feature code in SnomONE instead of doubling the number of address book entries shown on each phone.

For clarification though, here are the current settings as they exist on a phone:

ldap_server!: [correct ip address of the server]

ldap_port!: 389

ldap_base!: ou=people

ldap_username!: [domain]\[extension]

ldap_password!:

ldap_max_hits!: 80

ldap_lookup_ringing!: off

ldap_sort_results!: on

ldap_search_filter&: (cn=%)

ldap_number_filter&: (telephoneNumber=%)

ldap_name_attributes!: cn

ldap_number_attributes!: telephoneNumber

ldap_display_name!: %cn

ldap_predict_text!: off

perform_initial_query_in_ldap_state!: on

auto_dial_ldap!: on

Thank you,

~Scott

Maybe lets do a step back and discuss what kind of problem you have. Maybe we have to change the LDAP on the server side to get this done.

Sure thing.

The core problem is that when I would dial the number of a hunt group or an agent group, caller id on the dialing phone would not show the name of the group, it was instead showing the name of a seemingly random extension account. It would consistently show the same wrong name for any particular group, but I could not find any reason for it to be showing those names.

When calling the "Network Services" number (404), it would show "Hannah" on the display every time. Her extension is 246...

Another hunt group at extension 401 would consistently show "Wendell" on the display of the calling phone. He is actually extension 203.

After doing research on the Snom forums, I had seen instances of similar sounding problems being resolved by manually placing entries into the Domain Address Book.

When I add the entries to the domain address book, it fixes _some_ of the CID issues, but only because the LDAP server starts handing out 2 entries for each account. If the correct entry happens to appear alphabetically later than the incorrect entry, the phone will show the correct name (after flashing the incorrect name), otherwise it will still show the wrong name on the calling phone.

What blows my mind is that the server is giving me any information at all for Hannah (telephone number 264), when a PCAP trace shows that the ldap filter is a very straightforward "telephoneNumber=404".

Thanks,

~Scott

Currently, among the internal accounts/numbers, only extensions are supported. Rest of the account types will be there in the next version.

Ok... Automatic addition of hunt groups and ACD queues is unsupported. I can accept that.

But why am I not seeing success when manually adding the hunt groups and ACD queues to the domain address book?

Or do you mean that having address book entries for hunt groups and ACD queues is entirely unsupported; no matter how those entries are added?

Thanks,

~Scott

Anything from the address book should be supported. We will perform some tests on this and update it tomorrow.

Is there anything I can do to aid in testing? I can probably make a full backup of the PBX (minus audio recordings) and upload it to the Snom Support Portal if that would be helpful. Obviously I won't be willing to provide that here in the public forums.

Thanks,

~Scott

SONE-134 or 20111010970 is slightly different from the topic here.

We double checked forum topic and seems to work fine with

• 2011-4.2.1.4025 (Win64)
  • snom370-SIP 8.4.31

Steps:

• Plug and play the phone (extension 48). No other changes done.
  • Added a domain address book entry for hunt group 72, with first name Hunt, last name Test1, Number 72
  • Dial 72 from the extension 48.
  • The display on 48 shows "Hunt Test1"

In any case, we have made some changes to the code for the next version so that you do not have to add address book entries for the existing accounts. If you would like to test it, please let us know.

In any case, we have made some changes to the code for the next version so that you do not have to add address book entries for the existing accounts. If you would like to test it, please let us know.

I don't think I can offer to test a new version of the PBX software since we just went into production with this system early last week.

Is there maybe a way for me to clear and repopulate the ldap directory?

~Scott

We are able to reproduce the issue here. There was an error in how we were searching for internal extensions (it was dipping into the wrong table and that was causing to pickup Hannah [last name])

The fix will be available in the next version.

Glad to see that you were able to track down the root cause of the problem.

Is there an expected release date for the next version?

Is there any sort of published "Roadmap" (showing projected feature additions and bug fixes along with expected release dates) for the SnomONE product or any of the Snom phone firmwares (particularly the 870 and the Vision operator panel)?

Thank you,

~Scott

• 1 month later...