How to deal with the call park "black hole"?

some_guy

My receptionist parks a call, and there is no indication that there is a parked call...

Either:

She misdials where she wanted it parked

Forgot to announce on the PA that a caller is parked

The person receiving the call doesn't pick up

So here the caller hangs out in limbo, enjoying the hold music until they hang up and try again.

How are folks dealing with this 'feature'? Just not using it? Any workarounds?

Help!

Thanks

Yea that is a real problem. We need to (finally) address this in one of the next versions.

I guess the best way to do this is to call the extension that parked the call and say something like "hey there is a parked call that has not been touched for so and so". Alternatively, we could give the caller the option to press a key and go back to the operator. Maybe even automatically after a timeout. Then at least they have a better option that just hang up.

• 6 months later...
Yea that is a real problem. We need to (finally) address this in one of the next versions.

I guess the best way to do this is to call the extension that parked the call and say something like "hey there is a parked call that has not been touched for so and so". Alternatively, we could give the caller the option to press a key and go back to the operator. Maybe even automatically after a timeout. Then at least they have a better option that just hang up.

We just went live with our pbxnsip installation and this is our users' #1 concern at the moment. And the solutions that you've posed there sound like good ones.

I see this in the newest build (2100) release notes:

Auto Attendant

Feature: We added a simple park reminder that calls the extension back which parked the call. The time can be set on domain level.

Is that what this is going to do?

Thanks!

(I did try to put the new build on our server to see but the web interface is funky -- I couldn't see any of the top-level or sub-level navigation buttons at the top, using either firefox, IE, or Opera for Windows, so I put the newest stable release back on it.)

• 2 years later...

I'm curious...is there a way to make it so when the parked call returns to the the parker that there is a recording that says "a call you parked has not been picked up yet, do you want this call to remain parked or do you want to talk to the caller?" Is something like that possible?

#2-Is there a way to let the person who parked it know who is was parked FOR when it is bounced back ?

#3-Also, how do i show all the calls parked by a specific person on the computer screen? (receptionist wants to see all parked she parked that haven't been picked up) (THIS RECEPTINIONIST IS ON THE BALL ;-)

Also

tx

matt

I'm curious...is there a way to make it so when the parked call returns to the the parker that there is a recording that says "a call you parked has not been picked up yet, do you want this call to remain parked or do you want to talk to the caller?" Is something like that possible?

#2-Is there a way to let the person who parked it know who is was parked FOR when it is bounced back ?

#3-Also, how do i show all the calls parked by a specific person on the computer screen? (receptionist wants to see all parked she parked that haven't been picked up) (THIS RECEPTINIONIST IS ON THE BALL ;-)

Also

tx

matt

Well, the call comes back to the 'parker', after the set time under the domain settings, but no announcement though.

#3, the PAC does this partially, i.e., it will show the call is parked under the receptionist's account (with text "park" behind the number) as long as the call is parked.

I see the pac v3 does this. Great!

-But problem: the receptionist can now see she has a call parked, but doesn't know who it is parked FOR!

is there a way to see which extension a call is parked for with PAC? (PAC > settings > park orbits: doesn't seem to work)

-It also doesn't say how long the call is parked for her to determine she needs to give it attention.

-Also, it would be great if she could click on the call parked (under her extension) and pick it up.

Hopefully I'm missing something.

It's great she can see a call is there...but the clients big request was that the receptionist know who it was FOR.

thanks for the help! very good,

matt

ps- also when i click on the parked call under the receptionists' extension in PAc i get a IE script error, is that normal?