Ringback wave file

maslym

Hi,

I am using PBXnSIP 4.3.0.5021 (Linux). After I upload a new wave file as the extension's ringback tone, the system is still using the old wave file as the ringback tone. I have to restart the PBXnSIP application in order to make the new wave file work. It seems it's a bug in version 4.3.0.5021. Any idea?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using PBXnSIP 4.3.0.5021 (Linux). After I upload a new wave file as the extension's ringback tone, the system is still using the old wave file as the ringback tone. I have to restart the PBXnSIP application in order to make the new wave file work. It seems it's a bug in version 4.3.0.5021. Any idea?

Thank you.

If we are talking about the extensions "mailbox" section "Ringback"

you have to make sure when uploading a WAV file it must be 8 kHz Mono, 16 bit mono, preferably PCM format.

I tested it under 2011-4.5.0.1016 Alpha Monocerotids (CentOS32)and 2011-4.3.0.5021 (Linux) and did not have to restart the service.

Under admin webpage control you can see a sample file, if you don't want to restart the service, go to admin settings, configuration, towards the bottom you will see a reload configuarion section.

I tried to save the default ringtones.xml and pnp.xml from HTML Templates and reloaded them under Reload Configuration Files section and it didn't make any difference. The system is still playing the old wave file.

Thank you.

If we are talking about the extensions "mailbox" section "Ringback"

you have to make sure when uploading a WAV file it must be 8 kHz Mono, 16 bit mono, preferably PCM format.

I tested it under 2011-4.5.0.1016 Alpha Monocerotids (CentOS32)and 2011-4.3.0.5021 (Linux) and did not have to restart the service.

All the wave files I used for test are in correct format. I even tried to delete the old ringtone wave file and upload a new one, but it still played the old deleted one. Once I restarted the service, it started to play the new wave file.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to save the default ringtones.xml and pnp.xml from HTML Templates and reloaded them under Reload Configuration Files section and it didn't make any difference. The system is still playing the old wave file.

Thank you.

In order to change the extension level ringback wav, you don't have to change ringtones.xml or pnp.xml. All you have to do is to change it on the web interface of the extension (with admin login, not the user login)