Jitter on calls

Tony Yu

I need help troubleshooting the jitter we are getting on the calls.

We are running 4.5.0.1016 Alpha Monocerotids on 2.4Ghz Intel iMac with 4GB of Ram. Which should be sufficient to handle our load of calls (3 - 5 concurrent calls). Running the system over T1 line to Sip trunk from NexVortex. I have bound Affinity to CPU1 and set up QoS on the network. What is the next step?

Thanks,

is it possible for to set up Port mirroring and capture a wireshark trace from another computer? also when you bound Affinity to CPU1 did you restart the service? Can you unbind the core and see if that makes a different in quality since we bind to core 1 by default?

I've set up the wireshark and port mirroring, but unfortunately have no idea what to look for. Any help? I can email the file as it's 1.5MB and I cannot attach it here.

Thanks,

is it possible for to set up Port mirroring and capture a wireshark trace from another computer? also when you bound Affinity to CPU1 did you restart the service? Can you unbind the core and see if that makes a different in quality since we bind to core 1 by default?

Not sure if there is any helpful information here besides that I am $%^& out of luck...???

Have you tried filtering the wireshark to only view the sip packets and saving them? have you tried what I mention above to un-bind the cpu core and restart the service?

I have un-bound the cpu core, but I am unsure how to filter the wireshark to just see sip packets. Is there a simple tutorial around to do just this?

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...