Extension Redirection DND to cell phone

lasersailing

As descirbed here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Call_Forwarding_Codes it says that if you press the DND button on the phone it wont DND the whole extension and the cell phone will still ring. I cant see this being the case. The redirection is set to call the cell phone after 5 seconds. I am running 2011-4.5.0.1050 snomONE and have tried this with a snom 821 and 370 and there is no luck. The extension is showing as DND is set to OFF in the PBX but the phone has the DND button pressed.

Can anyone suggest something?

Basically I want it to be so that if the user is away from their desk then it calls their mobile when their phone is set to DND.

Thanks

Rich

For the PBX, DND is a extension feature. The extension (including the cell phone) is on do-not-disturb. The user simply does not want to be disturbed...

However, if you have the device on DND, then you will probably get what you want. By default, the PBX provisions the DND key of the phone to be a PBX feature; but you and take that out in the provisioning template and then the DND button will be local to the device, and then then the user pushes the DND button, the cell phone will still ring.

thanks for the reply. The phones are manually configured and not auto provisioned by the PBX. As you said I have DND'd the actual device but in the pbx the extension is set to DND as off, so thought I was just configuring the local device for DND.

How do you you manually configure the phone to be DND when you press the DND button as it is not auto provisioned by the PBX?

Thanks

How do you you manually configure the phone to be DND when you press the DND button as it is not auto provisioned by the PBX?

Thats the default.

Does the PBX fork to the cell phone also when the phone is not on DND? Maybe what you want is that the PBX *redirects* the call to the cell phone when you push a button on the phone?

Yes the call does fork to the mobile when the phone is not on DND.

What I want is that when there is an internal or external call to say extension 3010 that it calls their mobile as well. When the phone is not in DND this works perfectly, but as soon as you DND the phone it puts the call straight to the users mailbox and doesn't ring the mobile at all, If i then check the extension in the snomone pbx the extnesion is set to DND = off. This seems a little confisuing.