Camp On Documentation

halalabu

Hi Folks,

Is there a document that specifies how the camp on feature works? I see very little reference to it in online manual and some of it is a little unclear to me. For example, under auto attendant features (http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Auto_Attendant_Features), it seems to say that anyone with a valid CID can be presented with a camp-on option, but in the "how an auto attendant works" page (http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=How_an_Auto_Attendant_Works) it seem to say that only system extensions receive the camp on option. Additionally, I'm not sure where to turn on camping on for the auto attendant. Lastly, can you camp on a hunt group? For example, if all hunt group members are busy, the first one to become available receives the callback prompt.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. Thanks for your help.

Kindly,

Hal

•Offer Camp On: This setting allows you to offer Camp On to callers, rather than limiting them to leaving voicemail. Callers will have the option to press 1 for a callback. Turn this off if you are using external voicemail systems such as Microsoft Exchange.

Note

Camp on will only work when the "Final Stage" is used and the extension is busy then the system will offer the camp on functionality.

•Offer Camp On: This setting allows you to offer Camp On to callers, rather than limiting them to leaving voicemail. Callers will have the option to press 1 for a callback. Turn this off if you are using external voicemail systems such as Microsoft Exchange.

Note

Camp on will only work when the "Final Stage" is used and the extension is busy then the system will offer the camp on functionality.

Ok, thanks. So, is camping supported for outside numbers? I.e. if someone from the outside world calls and their CID comes through, will they be presented with the option to camp on? If so, I'm not able to get this behavior.

• 7 months later...