snomONE UC Client

pbx support

snomONE Team: Looks like a great start for the snomONE client.

I think the design direction looks great.

Hello,

I wonder, what I'm doing wrong. Tried to run the Attendant Console a few weeks ago with no success on three different machines (Win7 - 64bit). Installed the "new" version today on a fresh Machine with the same result: 1st strange thing is that I'm not asked for accepting license agreement (there is no Step 6). 2nd strange thing is that after starting the application I see absolutely nothing happening, no Application Window, no Error Message, just nothing. Viewing on the TaskManager shows me that there are two task more, when Starting the application, but after 3 seconds the number of tasks are the same before starting the Attendant Console. Looking into Eventwiever I see, that starting the application produces the Application Error 1000 and the .net-Error-Code 1026 Unhandled Exception.

Maybe it's a problem of the 64bit OS?

Regards,

Lucas

All,

We have a new version of the attendant console ready for beta. This is a Windows only application. Please take a try it out and provide us feedback.

The details and download links can be found here - attendant console

thanks

snomONE team

I got it to work! It would not work until I installed the m9 soft phone which downloaded and installed the visual C++ information.

I like the look and feel!

One thing I noticed was that when I dial a number from the console the computer dialed the number and not my desk phone, is this standard behavior? Is there a way for us to set which way we want to dial, soft phone vs desk phone.

A couple things I was wondering:

Will we be able to drag and drop calls or transfer in a later release.

Will we be able to see incoming calls and pick them up?

What does the phone keypad do?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

--Steve

I got it to work! It would not work until I installed the m9 soft phone which downloaded and installed the visual C++ information.

I like the look and feel!

One thing I noticed was that when I dial a number from the console the computer dialed the number and not my desk phone, is this standard behavior? Is there a way for us to set which way we want to dial, soft phone vs desk phone.

A couple things I was wondering:

Will we be able to drag and drop calls or transfer in a later release.

Will we be able to see incoming calls and pick them up?

What does the phone keypad do?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

--Steve

good.

hmm, i expect i had m9softphone installed...

just a couple things. i am gonna go heavy but at the same time i may be ignorant on some of the mechanics of snom one/attendant console integration. testing on 4 blues installed at diff locations ~40 phones at each... client requests:

1 - multiple domain level presence (i know, might be taxing)

2 - xml global phonebook (domain level privs)

3 - hardphone dial (i don't care if this even passes the calls via web url)

4 - incoming call notification (my clients are always looking at their screen and a popup with caller ID and a picture of a face is easier to identify than a phone number..pick up handset to answer)

and to stretch this out even more, one touch recording on calls to the local machine using sip headers and using the ethernet switch on the phone as a tap. a little birdie told me that you can set the ethernet ports to work in a non-switched state. of course i understand this will tangle the QoS. i know this may be a bit but the first 3 are trivially necessary.

it would be even better if you can integrate the recording cdr in the agents section to include all recorded calls from the local machine and can pull all the recordings to a local or remote area for archiving. if not, then i can write my own.

and WAY WAY out there is maybe a small "virtual" lcd screen with DSS keys around it to be able to write custom XML pages to create things like visual voicemail and what not. that would really be cool.

just some ideas that i have had while banging my head into a wall to get snom one to be as seamless as possible to my clients. so far, i have had to hand write most of the functionality needed and using third party apps like VOP.

also, you should put version #s on the download page, 'cause i don't know if i am downloading a new version or one that i did a couple weeks ago...also, maybe we can stem away from the m9 functionality in the attendant console (autoprovis/tftp) and make it act more like a 370 or 821?

just my 2 cents.

just a couple things. i am gonna go heavy but at the same time i may be ignorant on some of the mechanics of snom one/attendant console integration. testing on 4 blues installed at diff locations ~40 phones at each... client requests:

1 - multiple domain level presence (i know, might be taxing)

2 - xml global phonebook (domain level privs)

3 - hardphone dial (i don't care if this even passes the calls via web url)

4 - incoming call notification (my clients are always looking at their screen and a popup with caller ID and a picture of a face is easier to identify than a phone number..pick up handset to answer)

and to stretch this out even more, one touch recording on calls to the local machine using sip headers and using the ethernet switch on the phone as a tap. a little birdie told me that you can set the ethernet ports to work in a non-switched state. of course i understand this will tangle the QoS. i know this may be a bit but the first 3 are trivially necessary.

it would be even better if you can integrate the recording cdr in the agents section to include all recorded calls from the local machine and can pull all the recordings to a local or remote area for archiving. if not, then i can write my own.

and WAY WAY out there is maybe a small "virtual" lcd screen with DSS keys around it to be able to write custom XML pages to create things like visual voicemail and what not. that would really be cool.

just some ideas that i have had while banging my head into a wall to get snom one to be as seamless as possible to my clients. so far, i have had to hand write most of the functionality needed and using third party apps like VOP.

also, you should put version #s on the download page, 'cause i don't know if i am downloading a new version or one that i did a couple weeks ago...also, maybe we can stem away from the m9 functionality in the attendant console (autoprovis/tftp) and make it act more like a 370 or 821?

just my 2 cents.

some things to note:

-the client already has visual voicemail.

opinions:

-i would say the format of the client is rough, but good direction. (i would say don't replicate any phone layout on pc)

-incoming call pop is essential

-phone control would be nice

other notes

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2012/06/snom-releases-windows-uc-client-that.html

some things to note:

-the client already has visual voicemail.

opinions:

-i would say the format of the client is rough, but good direction. (i would say don't replicate any phone layout on pc)

-incoming call pop is essential

-phone control would be nice

other notes

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2012/06/snom-releases-windows-uc-client-that.html

hey matt! love your contributions and videos by the way..and you were spot on about calling this a uc client instead of an attendant console...boy a real attendant console would be FAR more extensive! queue management, orbits, agent routing..haha.

again, agreed it is a step in the right direction. only thing is i don't see where they mention on the priority of this project...it is somewhat important to me because this can actually make/break it for my clients...the selling point on this feature alone makes my clients want to jump in. i did remember reading somewhere on a vote for the development of this but i believe it was old news from pbxnsip. we need to try to weed out the mixed information on the two...it is blended everywhere and sometimes there is no mention if the solution was for pbxnsip or snom one...anyways..

i still haven't seen any visual voicemail on the client. maybe it wasn't in your video or i just overlooked it? (currently i (with my team) am working on an XML visual voicemail for the snom 3xx and 8xx series phones. the 7xx will be implemented at a later date. i will release it on site when it is fully functioning. i will be meshing this into the default autoprovision using the 8.4.35 fw.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I hava a question regarding the snom one attendant console.

As far as i understand the console could function as an ordinary softohone, please correct me if I´m wrong.

I hace sucsefullly installed and registered the console to my snom one system and everything seems to work (messasging and so on)

as its supposed expect the sound. When making a call or reciving a call with the console there is no audio in the

headset.

There seems to be no settings in in the console to choose witch sounddriver or simular in the console setting ?

The headset works great with other softphones.

Any suggestion ?

hey matt! love your contributions and videos by the way..and you were spot on about calling this a uc client instead of an attendant console...boy a real attendant console would be FAR more extensive! queue management, orbits, agent routing..haha.

again, agreed it is a step in the right direction. only thing is i don't see where they mention on the priority of this project...it is somewhat important to me because this can actually make/break it for my clients...the selling point on this feature alone makes my clients want to jump in. i did remember reading somewhere on a vote for the development of this but i believe it was old news from pbxnsip. we need to try to weed out the mixed information on the two...it is blended everywhere and sometimes there is no mention if the solution was for pbxnsip or snom one...anyways..

i still haven't seen any visual voicemail on the client. maybe it wasn't in your video or i just overlooked it? (currently i (with my team) am working on an XML visual voicemail for the snom 3xx and 8xx series phones. the 7xx will be implemented at a later date. i will release it on site when it is fully functioning. i will be meshing this into the default autoprovision using the 8.4.35 fw.)

Glad you like our work. ;-)

priority: with snom you just wait. patiently.

visual voicemail: this is something snom should do.

If our clients need a strong PC client, visual voicemail and those types of things and more we are pointing them at Microsoft Lync.

• 2 months later...

All,

We have a new version of the attendant console ready for beta. This is a Windows only application. Please take a try it out and provide us feedback.

thanks

snomONE team

Hi,

Is this intended to evolve into a full scale attendant/operator console for the reception/switch board operator to answer and transfer calls, check BLF etc, or do we have to look at 3rd party solutions for this?

/Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Any further development?

Seems this fails instantly on w764/pro with this error

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: attendantconsole.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 4f91e78c

Problem Signature 04: AttendantConsole

Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4f91e78c

Problem Signature 07: c

Problem Signature 08: a

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

All,

thanks

snomONE team

Can you guys give the latest beta a shot:

http://downloads.snom.com/firmware/UCClient/publish.htm

I downloaded and installed it. It registered up great and shows good progress! I am currently running PBX 1075. Here is what I have noticed:

Calls - Works as described!

Phone - Pad works when in call, no problem. I only wish it would pop when a call is made.

Messages - Play dials voice mail normally. If you are dialed in and listening to a voice mail and press the x button, it dials the voicemail also and both calls talk simultaneously. Is the X button supposed to be delete?

Frequent Contacts - I don't know how this works. It doesn't correspond to my extensions address book, is there something I need to do here?

Other Contacts - See Frequent Contacts

Call History - Not working

Good progress guys cant wait for the finished product!

Steve

I downloaded and installed it. It registered up great and shows good progress! I am currently running PBX 1075. Here is what I have noticed:

Calls - Works as described!

Phone - Pad works when in call, no problem. I only wish it would pop when a call is made.

Messages - Play dials voice mail normally. If you are dialed in and listening to a voice mail and press the x button, it dials the voicemail also and both calls talk simultaneously. Is the X button supposed to be delete?

Frequent Contacts - I don't know how this works. It doesn't correspond to my extensions address book, is there something I need to do here?

Other Contacts - See Frequent Contacts

Call History - Not working

Good progress guys cant wait for the finished product!

Steve

Can you verify that your UC Client is registered? Do you see a green icon at the bottom left with label "Registered"?

The Other Contacts list should be populated with the Accounts configured on your snom ONE. The Frequent Contacts gets populated by adding a Contact from the Other Contacts to the list by right click on a contact and then clicking "Copy to Frequent Contacts".

Call History should be populated with your incoming/outgoing calls.

The Messages play and delete buttons right now dial into the mailbox. With the newer version of the snom ONE, you will be able to directly listen to the voice message (without dial-in) and also delete it the same way.

Can you verify that your UC Client is registered? Do you see a green icon at the bottom left with label "Registered"?

The Other Contacts list should be populated with the Accounts configured on your snom ONE. The Frequent Contacts gets populated by adding a Contact from the Other Contacts to the list by right click on a contact and then clicking "Copy to Frequent Contacts".

Call History should be populated with your incoming/outgoing calls.

The Messages play and delete buttons right now dial into the mailbox. With the newer version of the snom ONE, you will be able to directly listen to the voice message (without dial-in) and also delete it the same way.

It says registered. When I look at the log it downloads my contacts and call history it just isn't displayed in the client. If I press the arrow down for the all contacts, the menu expands but no content. I checked the prerequisites and everything is installed. I have also tried it on my win 7 laptop with the same results. Could it have anything to do with the first attendant console or the m9 softphone being previously installed? I canb take a log for you, just tell me what settings you want.