Vodia PBX forum
halalabu

Call Invite

Is it possible to invite someone into a call with you? The same way a call-barge in works, but in reverse. E.g. if an employee is on a call with a client, and they want to get their supervisor on the line as well, they could enter a star code followed by an extension number and the extension would ring. When the extension is picked up, they are joined into the call.

The only other way I can think to do this is to have everyone hang up and call into the ad-hoc conference line, which is obviously not ideal.

Is there a way to do this? I see a "conference" entry on the star codes page, but I don't see any documentation for it.

Thanks so much,

Hal

There is also a star code for this, in case that the phone does not support local conference mixing (usually *53). From the cell phone, you can also put calls on hold using ## and then listen to the IVR to conference all calls on hold in.

Ahhh ok. Our snom phones have no hard button for it. I think i'll use the star code. Thanks!

Hal

yes, snom 8xx, 3xx (Except snom 300) have a hard button.

snom 7xx you can use a context/(one of four below screen) buttons.

yes, snom 8xx, 3xx (Except snom 300) have a hard button.

snom 7xx you can use a context/(one of four below screen) buttons.

Hmmm, what specifically is the button labelled on an 821? I am not seeing anything resembling a conference button.

Thanks,

Hal

Hmmm, what specifically is the button labelled on an 821? I am not seeing anything resembling a conference button.

Thanks,

Hal

Hi.

It's not labeled on the phone you will see on the lcd screen of the phone when you have 2 calls.

screen.jpg

Hi.

It's not labeled on the phone you will see on the lcd screen of the phone when you have 2 calls.

screen.jpg

Ahh look at that! Thank you!

Hal