Call Pickup and Caller List

Hello,

as described in Topic, I wonder if there is really no possibilty to get the CDR-Information of a Call which is picked up from another Extension saved in the Snom Phone's Caller List (Snom 360). Of course picking up a call is an outgoing call from the Phone's point of view. I told my customer to use the Extensions WebInterface in order to retrieve the CDR's of calls picked-up rather than looking into the Phones Caller-List (where those calls aren't listed), but maybe there is a solution for this request available.

Regards from Germany,

Lucas Hummig

I told my customer to use the Extensions WebInterface in order to retrieve the CDR's of calls picked-up rather than looking into the Phones Caller-List (where those calls aren't listed)

I think the issue is that CDR was not listed as *87<ext number> under the extension's web interface(on the PBX, not on the phone's web interface). The extension's call log will show the CDR as original call. I think if the call log contains the "dialed digits", then it will be clear.

I am not a big proponent of tweaking the outbound calls to show up as received calls. That always come back and bite us sometime later in some other scenario.

I think the issue is that CDR was not listed as *87<ext number> under the extension's web interface(on the PBX, not on the phone's web interface). The extension's call log will show the CDR as original call. I think if the call log contains the "dialed digits", then it will be clear.

Imagine, what whould happen if the PBX's behaviour would be clear as you've mentioned: Absolutely no way to get the Callers ID if call was picked up. That's why we are happy to provide our customer the workaround to look into the extensions Web-Interface (PBX) in order to retreive this information or by requesting the pbx to send the Callers Informations by eMail. This is working, too.

But any poor old PBX would show the caller's id even the call is picked up. The Difference is the way the call is picked up. As long the call is retreived by make an outbound call (Starcode to the PBX) showing the caller's ID on the phone will be difficult. What about getting the call by pressing an "URL-Button" where the PBX is requested to ring the phone, too, first? After that, call can be taken just by taking the handset.