BLF and call parking

rhill

I've got a question I couldn't find a topic home for. Basically we have a customer that is going to have several Yeahlink phones. On these phones they want the ability to see a call put on hold. This would be indicated by a light of some sorts. Then able to be answered. by presssing a button or two

How can we make this a reality using these phones? There's tons of BLF settings i just don't know where to start.

Thanks

BLF is a topic where SIP gets tricky. The only "standard" is dialog-state. However, with signalling that a call is on hold the standard already gets to its edge. The next thing is that customers want something else very simple: They want to be able to pick the call up.

Anyway, because of this we proposed the "buttons" format. So far I think only snom implemented that.

I've got a question I couldn't find a topic home for. Basically we have a customer that is going to have several Yeahlink phones. On these phones they want the ability to see a call put on hold. This would be indicated by a light of some sorts. Then able to be answered. by presssing a button or two

How can we make this a reality using these phones? There's tons of BLF settings i just don't know where to start.

Thanks

I do it with Grandstream, I just set the BLF to the parking spot number. For instance I park calls on 500 - 501, I just set up the BLF to 500 and another to 501. I can transfer to 500 or the corresponding BLF without having to enter the * code. On Grandstream, you have to dial the extension manually to alert the phone of the BLF, then the BLF works.

I do it with Grandstream, I just set the BLF to the parking spot number. For instance I park calls on 500 - 501, I just set up the BLF to 500 and another to 501. I can transfer to 500 or the corresponding BLF without having to enter the * code. On Grandstream, you have to dial the extension manually to alert the phone of the BLF, then the BLF works.

So I just experimented with my Yealink T26P, I had to make a transfer button to 500 (Park orbit) to transfer the call to the orbit and a BLF to 500 to pick up and monitor the call.

If they are comfortable transferring to 500 manually they will have to press the transfer soft button, press 500 then press the transfer button again. I would program a BLF button to pick it up, also to see if someone is already in the parking spot. I think it is easier to just make the transfer button and the BLF button, especially if the client is like most of mine, they just want it stupid simple.

Steve