Lost paging

GregW

I have SnomONE Plus version 4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids (CentOS32). About 2-3 weeks ago I lost ability to page from two extensions. When trying to page I get the sound indicating that the paging is in progress, but when talking, there is no sound coming out of any other Snom device.

These are the steps, I tried to fix the issue:

1. Check all the settings.

2. Reset phone to factory default.

3. Recreate the account.

4. Replace the phone.

Resetting the phone and recreating account seems to fix the problem for short period of time, but then it appears again.

Hopefully, someone here can help, because I have the support ticket already opened for 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Hi, Greg

How are you using the paging account? unicast or multicast mode?

You can also try to add a route of 224.0.0.0 if you're using "Multicast mode" you can enter this information in the admin console level under "Networks configuration---->Routing and gateways---->Statics routes

network.png

I'm using multicast, and I did tried this; no effect.

It used to work on all phones but now it doesn't work on two phones that use paging most frequently. I did not do any updates or changes before this happened.

I'm using multicast, and I did tried this; no effect.

It used to work on all phones but now it doesn't work on two phones that use paging most frequently. I did not do any updates or changes before this happened.

Can you log into the phone and check if the multicast address is set? it should be under advance--->SIP/RTP--->Multicast should be set to on and there should be an IP Address set there as well.

Can you log into the phone and check if the multicast address is set? it should be under advance--->SIP/RTP--->Multicast should be set to on and there should be an IP Address set there as well.

Yes it is. I I said the phone do initiate paging and you can hear the initial paging tone, but when talking no sound is being transmitted. Only two phones appear to be affected. Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to get from the phone or server.

Thanks!

post-3542-0-08192200-1361506214_thumb.jpg