SNOM 720 - DND setting

voipguy

Hi,

Just picked up a new SNOM 720.

Did the PNP - all works fine.

I notice when you press the DND key it displays DND Active which is fine and on the PBX I can see the account is now set to DND but in the active calls I see my extension the snom 720 has an active call to *78 which is the code to activate DND....it just sits there for about 30 or so seconds and then the PBX kills the call and emails me a "...has been disconnected because media session was not established (source=snom720 phone ip:45730)." Same when you press the DND again to deactivate it I can see the *79 call hang.

My SNOM 720 firmware is 8.7.3.19

When I downgrade to firmware 8.7.3.15 and press my DND key the PBX plays over my speaker "DND has been activated" and the call doesn't hang in the active calls screen.

Is there a setting that I have to change in the 8.7.3.19 so the DND wont have the call hang in the PBX?

My snom 870 doesn't play the audio "DND has been activated" when I press the DND key and the call doesn't hang - so it works fine with no audio being played for my 870.

Thanks,

Hmm trying to understand the problem... First of all, the phone synchronizes the status with the PBX over a special kind of subscription. Try to set the DND from the web interface to see if the phone gets the status changes.

The question is if the phone gets into trouble when it is receiving the update during a call. Just tried a couple of times, worked fine with me (720 on 8.7.3.19 on 5.0.5), both for *78/*79 and also other calls. Also pressing the DND key on/off/on/off does not seem to be any problem. Actually when I press the button, the phone does not call into the PBX, it just changes the status.

Hmm trying to understand the problem... First of all, the phone synchronizes the status with the PBX over a special kind of subscription. Try to set the DND from the web interface to see if the phone gets the status changes.

The question is if the phone gets into trouble when it is receiving the update during a call. Just tried a couple of times, worked fine with me (720 on 8.7.3.19 on 5.0.5), both for *78/*79 and also other calls. Also pressing the DND key on/off/on/off does not seem to be any problem. Actually when I press the button, the phone does not call into the PBX, it just changes the status.

When I use the PBX web interface to set DND on/off it does send it to the snom 720 and the phone does take the setting but in the active calls display I can see my extension with active call *78....even when using the web interface to set the DND on/off.

Same result when doing it from the snom 720 - shows active call *78 or *79 ....call hangs for about a minute before PBX kills the hung call.

Downgrade to firmware 8.7.3.15 and when I press the DND button I hear "DND has been activated" over my snom 720 speaker and in the active calls it's not hung...the call ends.

With my snom 870 it has the same effect as your test - press DND and it doesn't show any call - it just turns on or off the DND.

8.7.3.15 has too many problems with snom ONE, I would generally not recommend to use that version. 8.7.3.19 also has some errands, I hope that the next version will also address the problems with the not-hanging-up calls. Especially if other phones like 870 seem to do it right.

Here's something odd.

In the SNOM 720's internal web page under Seup/Preferences you can see a heading DND: with On Code: *78 and Off Code: *79 I removed the *78 and *79, clicked apply so the phone takes the change. Now the DND works like yours...press DND and it sets it as active in the display and doesn't even show any active call, press it again to turn off the DND and again it works and doesn't show any active calls.

I know when I do PnP again the *78/*79 will get put back in, I will try to add custom DND settings for the snom 720 phone as a temp solution.

Not sure why your snom 720 running same firmware doesn't have this problem?

Did you try a factory reset before provisioning the phone? Maybe the *78/*79 is a leftover from previous provisionings/versions.

The phone was new out of the box with factory firmware 8.7.3.8.

I haven't tried factory reset yet.

I added custom setting to my snom_720_custom.xml file so it doesn't write the *78 or *79 to the phone. Now my DND works like yours...press it and DND turns on and it doesn't even try to make call in PBX - the way it's supose to work.

From the PBX I can turn it on/off and it sends it to the 720 and also works.

• 2 months later...

For the record, I'm also seeing this issue on two PBX installs, both 4.0.7 and 5.0.8, with multiple Snom 720 stations running 8.7.3.19. If I use the *78/*79 dial codes I see the same behavior:

A hung call in the PBX that appears as from the phone I dialed to the PBX dial code, as well as a lit BLF light on the phone for the extension that placed the call.

Would love to see a solution soon. Thanks!

-Levi Shores

Digital Technology Partners