Auto provisioning of LDAP information

bruceblacklaws

I'm looking for a way to auto provision the LDAP information in SNOM 300/320/360 IP phones. I have about 200 IP phones that I need to put this information into and doing it manually by logging into the web interface will take to long and it will be difficult to maintain.

I have setup auto provisioning with DHCP and TFTP and I have created a custom PHP script for the "Setting URL" but the IP phone does not seem to load the LDAP information.

I don't think this is any syntax issue.

Has anyone automatically rolled out LDAP to SNOM IP phones before?

If you use the PnP with snom ONE this should work automatically.

It used to work fine with PnP on SnomONE but it stopped working on some phones in the recent versions and firmwares. I have several Snom 320s that work fine, but Snom 370s and 760s don't work, they don't seem to see the internal LDAP at all.

Did you modify any of the templates? Then you might have problems. If you did, try to clean that up again the latest 5.0.6 has a lot of changes and it is better to start with a "fresh" provisioning template.

Because there is no more "trust the MAC address" (always) option any more, you should enable the PnP from the domain accounts overview. Then the PBX will provision new password in the phone, so that next time you dont have to open the trust MAC for the extension.

Did you modify any of the templates? Then you might have problems. If you did, try to clean that up again the latest 5.0.6 has a lot of changes and it is better to start with a "fresh" provisioning template.

Because there is no more "trust the MAC address" (always) option any more, you should enable the PnP from the domain accounts overview. Then the PBX will provision new password in the phone, so that next time you dont have to open the trust MAC for the extension.

I reset the phone template (snom_3xx_phone.xml) to the new defaults shortly after upgrading to 4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids, which solved an unrelated issue but did not help on the LDAP/addressbook problem.

I don't see a PnP setting per account in the domain accounts overview, except on the Create page. Are you suggesting that I need to delete and recreate the user accounts in order to get the PnP address book function working again?

I reset the phone template (snom_3xx_phone.xml) to the new defaults shortly after upgrading to 4.5.0.1090 Epsilon Geminids, which solved an unrelated issue but did not help on the LDAP/addressbook problem.

There was a critical bug in 4.5.1090 in the LDAP area; you should at least upgrade to 4.5.1.

I don't see a PnP setting per account in the domain accounts overview, except on the Create page. Are you suggesting that I need to delete and recreate the user accounts in order to get the PnP address book function working again?

No those templates are on system level. For such a general problem like LDAP, I would not make changes in extension or even domain level. Also deleting and creating accounts will not have any impact.

Great, thanks! I will update to 4.5.1 and see what happens.

Well, that was disastrous.

The Debian32 build for 4.5.1.1107 on http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Updates is *not SnomONE* - it is PbxNsip. So my license (SnomONE Yellow) is invalid.

Now I have to revert to 4.5.0.1090... is there any chance that the package can be updated to the correct version on the Updates page?

Thank you!

Well the differentiation between pbxnsip and snom ONE is another legacy that we have or had. We took this out in 4.5.1.1108: http://snomone.com/downloads/snomONE/debian32/pbxctrl-debian32-4.5.1.1108, we will publish the whole set ASAP.

Still no luck with 1108. The license is not valid.

It seems like this should be a simple thing to fix - I don't think SnomONE licenses have ever been valid on PBXnSIP installations - and in this case the whole header of the admin page proclaims "PBXnSIP". Is there any way to get a proper (branded) build of SnomONE on this codebase?

Thanks!