polycom 501/601

hosted

I have got past the firmware stuff, but I get a MISC file error. seems to be an incompatible config.

but i dont get it. the xml files look the same as the older pbxnsip stuff.

polycom 650 worked just fine.

I can manually pull the .cfg from http and they look normal..

The trick here is to download the older versions and then rename the sip.ld into something like sip_317.ld, so that the older phones can fetch the firmware that they can process. The latest template for Polycom takes that into account.

The polycom_master.xml is actually wrong. it says sip_316.ld and it should say sip_318.ld (BTW)

The polycom_master.xml is actually wrong. it says sip_316.ld and it should say sip_318.ld (BTW)

That's debatable. But the differences should be small. Pablo posted the download matrix link; we tried to keep the number of required images low while maximizing the number of devices that can be used with that.

• 2 weeks later...

That's debatable. But the differences should be small. Pablo posted the download matrix link; we tried to keep the number of required images low while maximizing the number of devices that can be used with that.

problem is if you download the latest 501 firmware it is 318.