Call Flow auto attendant

Bartolini

I have been looking for the best way to do this and Christian suggested I post it here;

I was trying to set up auto attendant and reading through the manual. I thought someone might have some instructions to help.

Here is what I am trying to set up.

1- Have the office secretary extension be the first to answer after 2 rings.

2- Play a message like, “Thanks for calling….” During that message have the ability for other extensions to pick up the call OR have

a couple other extensions ring for pickup.

3- If no other extension picks up the call, have the call sent back to the secretary extension where the caller can leave a message.

I have been looking for the best way to do this and Christian suggested I post it here;

I was trying to set up auto attendant and reading through the manual. I thought someone might have some instructions to help.

Here is what I am trying to set up.

1- Have the office secretary extension be the first to answer after 2 rings.

2- Play a message like, “Thanks for calling….” During that message have the ability for other extensions to pick up the call OR have

3- If no other extension picks up the call, have the call sent back to the secretary extension where the caller can leave a message.

Well first I am going to re-wite your request a little differently.

1- Have the office secretary extension be the first to answer.

Easy. Put her extension number in the Trunk where it says "Send call to extension:"

This will send incoming calls to her extension.

In "Redirection" set Call Forward No Answer on her extension to a newly created ACD Group.

In "Redirection" set the Call forward no answer timeout: to 10 seconds or so (try to get 2 rings).

----------------------------------------

2- After 2 rings (10 seconds or so), play a message like, “Thanks for calling….” During that message have the ability for other extensions to pick up the call OR have

The "Thank you for calling..." message would be recorded in the above new ACD Group.

In the ACD Group setting "After hearing ringback for (s) ..." enter a 1

In the ACD Group setting "... redirect the call to the destination (e.g. "73"):" enter a newly created Hunt Group number.

The above items will answer the call, play the message, wait 1 second and then transfer the call to a hunt group

You asked "During that message have the ability for other extensions to pick up the call OR have a couple other extensions ring for pickup."

I don't think the first half of your request (2) is possible.

Anyway, the caller will only be in the ACD Group for the lenghth of the greeting (plus 1 second) and no one will even know that there is a call in there.

The second half of your request is done with the Hunt Group.

Add the extensions that you want to ring in the "Stage 1 Extensions:" area and they will ring as soon as the message (plus 1 second) is finished.

Set the Duration time for how long you want them to ring.

-------------------------------------------

Add 8+operator extension number as the "Final Stage: in the Hunt Group

-------------------------------------------

Get fancy and "Name" the Hunt Group "No Op Avail"

In the Hunt Group "From-Header:" select "Group Name"

That should put the name "No Op Avail" in the LCD Display of all phones that ring in the Hunt Group.

Hope this helps.

Bill H

Great question - great Post

May I ask a follow-up question..

Should a person on this scenario reach an auto attendant and the know there parties extension, we would like to say, "Please Hold while we connect your call." then give the person a 5 second advertising, this may be a URL with a streaming series of ad blurps.

We may optionally bypass this ad box and use it as needed or desired.

Great question - great Post

May I ask a follow-up question..

Should a person on this scenario reach an auto attendant and the know there parties extension, we would like to say, "Please Hold while we connect your call." then give the person a 5 second advertising, this may be a URL with a streaming series of ad blurps.

We may optionally bypass this ad box and use it as needed or desired.

I can think of 2 ways to do this. One works well and the other has a little side effect to it.

Method 1. Side Effect

If the caller directs a call to an extension by dialling the extension number from an Auto Attendant, then the call will go directly to the extension.

The only way I can see to place a "Please Hold while we connect your call." then give the person a 5 second advertising is to record it in the Ringback.wav file along with the ringing sound.

The extension will ring while this message is being played. This will be a common message played everytime an extension rings.

The side effect is that when you make an extension to extension call, you will also hear the message too.

You may also hear this message when you make outside calls. This depends on your gateway or SIP Trunk use.

Method 2. Works Well

Don't use extension numbers in the Auto Attendant, use single digits.

Using a single digit will allow you to control and send the caller almost anywhere in PBXNSIP.

You will need to create an ACD Group for each extension that is involved in the advertising response.

You will have one extension in each group. A little high on license usage but it works. I have tried to use IVR Groups with a SOAP program but PBXNSIP says the call does not exist. Thats another story.

So send the caller to an ACD Group as listed above.

Place your message and advertising in the ACD Group recording.

The message will play and then the caller will be transfered to the extension.

Since the caller is sent to an ACD Group you can have a different message played for each extension.

Hope this helps.

I tried to attach a wav fille so you hear what I mean.

Bill H