web pages customization in 5.2.1

myredrook

I am trying to customize web pages for version 5.2.1.

I have encountered few problems for new pages, which use "REST" framework.

1. In absence header.htm and footer.htm it is very inconvenient to customize all pages.

I had to edit javascript file to achieve that.

2. Because main content is created using javascript after call to setupRegEnvironment(), in which translateItems()

is called, translations are happening randomly, depending on some race condition.

The above 2 points are valid if I do not want edit/customize ALL files, but only header/footer/reg_format.js.

The customization in version 4 was simple as the pages were pretty static content. Now with the extensive use of JavaScript we have reached a point where you need to be a HTML5 expert to get customization done. This is in 99.9 % of the cases not helping. Changing the HTML and JavaScript files also generates a chaos when upgrading versions as changes in those pages are not automatically merged with the newer versions. We need to focus on the customer requirements and address them directly with simple settings instead of providing generic tools to change everything. We are putting our list together of settings that can appear under a customization tab in the PBX. The banners and logos were a good start, and we need to extend that.