IVR node as a direct destination on an Auto Attendant

Hi,

By reading the online documentation, I figured that an IVR Node should be reachable from within a direct destination of an Auto Attendant. I tried that and was not able to make it work. When I dialed the IVR number (its account) from an extension, I did get to the IVR node, no problem there. What could be happening that is not allowing to reach the IVR node from the Auto Attendant?

Regards

It was tested here and works just fine. I have recorded a message in the IVR account so it can play out. My thoughts are that when you dial the IVR account it's using the dial plan to make an outbound call perhaps?

Can you record a message in the IVR account and try the call again also provide us with a SIP trace of the event.

Best regards

Fixed!

After reading your post, for some reason I thought on changing one parameter in the "behavior" section of the Auto Attendant. Under "Behavior", Extension input, the parameter was set to "When extension matches" and I changed it to "User must hit pound". I do not quite understand why the direct destinations would work for extensions, but not for IVR nodes with the first parameter and with the second, extensions as well as IVR nodes can be used for direct destinations in the Auto Attendant. The good thing is that it all works now. Knowing the "why" would be nice too.

Regards