Missed calls treatment

davicval

Hello,

I have a hunt group with 4 phones provisioned. My issue is when someone calls us and if we don't answer, the number randomly doesn't appear on the history of our phones. This is really disagreeable and I can't see what the problem is.

Thanks.

Regards,

David

This is a kind of FAQ. The problem is that if the call shows as "missed" on each phone, people would call back (hopefully) and the client would receíve multiple callbacks, which is quite annoying. Because of this problem we have put in the possibility to send out an email in that case, which can be processed in a way that avoids multiple callbacks.

Well, it's the first time I heard this because all other PBXs, IPBXs I used don't work that way. I think it's normal to have a record on our phones when someone try to call us even if we miss it. Of course that person can leave a voicemail or recall us later. But it's good to know that we have the option to recall him directly and by using our phones history instead of going in our mailboxes and dial the number giving in the email.

By the way, could you tell me where this option is?

Thanks.

Regards,

David

Well in an ideal world, the phone would get the list of missed calls from the PBX, so that the PBX has the option to take a missed call off that list when the number is being called. However in the SIP world, the phones keep their own list of missed calls, the PBX can only control if a call should be considered missed or not. That is why we went for the workaround for the missed call email (in the hunt group settings).

If we tell the phone that the call was missed, we can do this only for those phones who are actively ringing at the time when the A party cancel the call. Once the hunt group moves on to another stage, phones that were only present on previous stages will not get notified. Moving to the final stage will not count as "missed call".

• 5 months later...