Multi lines

jacobtalbot

Hello

We have phones that can utilise 2 lines. Our SIP Trunk is capable of 4 lines.

I was wondering, how can I get Line 1 to ring as our main line, and then Line 2 to ring as the second line on all of our phones.

Example, is Line 1 is busy on another call, Line 2 will light up to be answered.

Cheers

Jacob

You could use a hunt group for that. Or you can use redirect on busy for that extension. Depending on your call volume, using an agent group could also make sense. There are several ways to get this done, this is a typical problem that can be addressed with a PBX.

I was looking into CO-Lines.

How can I get the CO-Lines to reflect the SIP-Trunk lines that we have? I have tried to set them up but with no luck.

We are using Snom on a Mac Mini, version 5.1.1 (MacOS).

Thanks

When it comes to interoperability CO lines are not a reality yet. There were some proprietary implementations from snom and from BroadSoft, but their support in the endpoints had their ups and downs. There is a new RFC available for SLA, however we are not aware about any implementations yet. If you want to get things done this year, I would rather use park orbits and/or hunt groups and ACD groups.

When it comes to interoperability CO lines are not a reality yet. There were some proprietary implementations from snom and from BroadSoft, but their support in the endpoints had their ups and downs. There is a new RFC available for SLA, however we are not aware about any implementations yet. If you want to get things done this year, I would rather use park orbits and/or hunt groups and ACD groups.

Thanks,

Are there any guides on how to get them up successfully? Currently running into the issue where if I am the only one in the office and I have just taken a call, and then the next line rings I can't answer it from my phone.

Cheers

Well most phones offer a call waiting function where you can see the 2nd call coming in. Then you just have to accept the 2nd call, which will put the first call on hold; then you can toggle between then and e.g. transfer them to another line. For that you don't need any group function.

Im going to assume that our phones aren't capable of that. We have the Grandstream GXP1200's. Fairly basic VoIP phones.