Daily CDR's

ap_6200

In 2.1.x daily CDR's were introduced...

There is a limitation of the last 1000 calls in a 24 hour period.

In 2.1.6 I am strongly urging the following adjustments:

** - Increase the limitation on the domain from 1000 to at least 2000 - preferrably 3000.

** - Add a feature to get Daily CDR's per extension - I'm not a fan of every call CDR - especially in this volume of calls.

I am on the verge of losing a high volume customer if this cannot be implemented quickly.

Please help!

Thank you.

2.1.6 already has a setting called "cdr_email_size" (invisible global setting in pbx.xml) - see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Global_Configuration_File. Check out http://www.pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-2.1.6.2441.exe if you like.

Since there will obviously be modifications to 2.1.6 - could you please consider Daily CDR's (One email) on a per account basis?

Or at a bare minimum tell me how to get more than 30 calls when logged in as a user. It doesn't seem to be affected by the admin setting of "Default CDR listing size"

Thank you.

Since there will obviously be modifications to 2.1.6 - could you please consider Daily CDR's (One email) on a per account basis?

I get one email per call now, that does the job for me. Outlook does the job or sorting the emails into the right folder. The beauty of this solution is that is always up-to-date (no need to wait until midnight) and it is very easy for the PBX (no huge emails at midnight).

I get one email per call now, that does the job for me. Outlook does the job or sorting the emails into the right folder. The beauty of this solution is that is always up-to-date (no need to wait until midnight) and it is very easy for the PBX (no huge emails at midnight).

OK, envision this:

You are a Sales Manager - and you want to monitor each of your sales reps call activity during the day. And you want it forwarded to the Sales Manager's email address. Currently the way it's set up is that the user's email address (especially if they are getting voicemail to email) all emails will be going to that specific user.

Using your idea of CDRs doesn't work in this scenario - as the Sales Manager doesn't want all of the voicemails - they simply want a report of activity.

Additionally - If I have multiple Accounts to monitor - they will all come from the same email address (the domain settings "from" field). How does exchange sort them out on a per user basis?

I seem to be getting alot of push back from implementing this seemingly easy feature. One email - per user - per night - with their daily call logs.

You have one email for the entire domain CDR's at midnight - and now the complete opposite spectrum of one email per call... I'm asking for something in between.

Again - at least at a bare minimum, increasing the log file from the last 30 CDR when logged in as a specific user to "all calls in a 24 hour period"

Thanks

Not sure I follow

Well you would have to list the extensions or other accounts that should send the daily CDR to the admin. It would essentially be the same email as the daily email CDR, but filtered for that account. That means if you put "123 124 125" in the list, that admin will receive three more emails at night with the CDR where 123 124 and 125 were involved in calls.

Well you would have to list the extensions or other accounts that should send the daily CDR to the admin. It would essentially be the same email as the daily email CDR, but filtered for that account. That means if you put "123 124 125" in the list, that admin will receive three more emails at night with the CDR where 123 124 and 125 were involved in calls.

I'd have to see this function - but I think we're getting closer to being on the same page.

• 1 month later...
2.1.6 already has a setting called "cdr_email_size" (invisible global setting in pbx.xml) - see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Global_Configuration_File. Check out http://www.pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-2.1.6.2441.exe if you like.

Have you seen any detrimental effects of increasing this limit? How was the value of '1000' determined?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

QUOTE(pbxnsip @ Feb 9 2008, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you seen any detrimental effects of increasing this limit? How was the value of '1000' determined?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I've got several Customers chomping at the bit to have this feature increased beyond 1000 also since they have a high volume of calls and are very unhappy when the report they get is only for the last 1000 calls.

If it does cause detrimental effects to increase the number beyond 1000, like it takes up more of the server's memory until it is finally generated at midnight each night, I would think you already have the tools you need to set it up so that the server emails the CDR (and clears the memory that it was occupying) every time it reaches 1000 in a calendar day, and then goes until it reaches 1000 again and emails that list, and so on, and repeats the process for however many thousand calls per day until it reaches midnight. If memory is a problem, wouldn't that be a sensible solution?

Please comment on this issue.

As always, thanks in advance! :)

DK

If it does cause detrimental effects to increase the number beyond 1000, like it takes up more of the server's memory until it is finally generated at midnight each night, I would think you already have the tools you need to set it up so that the server emails the CDR (and clears the memory that it was occupying) every time it reaches 1000 in a calendar day, and then goes until it reaches 1000 again and emails that list, and so on, and repeats the process for however many thousand calls per day until it reaches midnight. If memory is a problem, wouldn't that be a sensible solution?

Memory does not scare me in this case. It is just that the data collection of moer than 1000 CDR (lets say, 40000) takes a while during which the PBX would not process and new incoming calls. Now think about that call center which is working practically only at night, there we would have a problem.

If everybody is sleeping at this time, there is no problem.

Memory does not scare me in this case. It is just that the data collection of moer than 1000 CDR (lets say, 40000) takes a while during which the PBX would not process and new incoming calls. Now think about that call center which is working practically only at night, there we would have a problem.

If everybody is sleeping at this time, there is no problem.

Unfortunately, a couple of my Customers do a large volume of calls at night (the majority of their calls over 1000), so I suppose there will be problems. Those Customers individually do not reach the 10,000 call mark per day, however.

So is this feature going to be "fixed" in version 3.0?

Unfortunately, a couple of my Customers do a large volume of calls at night (the majority of their calls over 1000), so I suppose there will be problems. Those Customers individually do not reach the 10,000 call mark per day, however.

So is this feature going to be "fixed" in version 3.0?

No. But you can define what "night" is. You can choose a different time zone and then assign the time zone per extension. That will fool the PBX and make it send out the reports at a different time.