Vodia PBX forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. I assume it's the mailbox, since there is no agent group configured, but mailbox doesn't explicitly offer callback as an option, and "offer camp on" is disabled. The sequence of events from the point of view of the caller seems to be like this: 1) caller places a call to the extension 2) Ring tones are generated . 3) "Something" (probably voicemail) at the PBX picks up and it immediately (before even playing a greeting) for unknown reasons adds the caller to the callback list. 4) The caller hangs up. From the callee's point of view, the phone rings, but when picking up, it's the PBX offering various options. Not sure what it is. (See the file rec_115_13.wav in the attached ZIP. I'm also attaching PCAP files captured on the PBX.) When this happens there is always two calls registered in the log, starting at the same time. A big question is if the callback list option can somehow be triggered before the mailbox has kicked in . It almost appears to be the case, because the mailbox really shouldn't have come into play here. (The callee account had a live registration generated by Counterpath, and the callee picked up well before the call should have landed in voicemail.) weird call with stretto.zip
  3. Hi, Community if you happend to miss the Zoiper Webinar you can find it here, also visit us at https://blog.vodia.com/zoiper_qr_code to learn more about QR code provisioning.
  4. Whow interesting. The ACD callback list? Or the mailbox (you can call back if someone leaves a VM)?
  5. Looks like I'm closer to pinning down what's going on... Seems like my test call generator, somehow, sometimes, manages to make some noise that is misinterpreted as the starcode that gets the call added to the callback list. I wonder, what are the conditions for this feature to be activated by a caller? Can it, for example, happen only when the caller reaches the mailbox, or is there some other situation when it can happen, such as when ringtones are being generated before the callee or voice mail has picked up? Can the feature be turned off?
  6. The phones also have their settings - e.g. you will have to re-provision Poly.com phones if you change that setting. You will see if you look at the SIP traces; the phone might send a 408 timeout or something like that. If you change the setting like this through the web interface (not sure if this still works in 63) you don't need to restart the service.
  7. I did this. http://pbxip/reg_status.htm?save=save&max_ring_duration=3600 , double checked that the pbx.xml got updated. Then restarted the service. But it still does not go past 120 seconds. Ringing a hunt group. First stage is an extension with 120 seconds, but it disconnects before going to the second stage. If I put 60 seconds per stage. It goes to both stages then disconnects.
  8. Can the ring time be increased past the maximum? The option is currently set to 180 seconds. This is the highest number. Can I somehow increase it to 3600? This is an older version 52 I was thinking to modify it directly in pbx.xml
  9. The setup is now the standard one where the client and the registration server alternate registrations, but potentially with some brief overlaps (option 0 below). Not sure this is what is causing problems since Vodia supports multiple registrations for the same account, and since most of the time, the handover appears to work fine. In any case, seems like you are suggesting that 2 would be more stable? /CW 0: Standard: Your VoIP service provider supports multiple registrations. In this mode, there may be short overlaps of registration where both the Push server and the Bria client are registered to the SIP server. 1: Single Device Emulation: Your VoIP service provider does not support multiple registrations. Bria and the Bria Push server must unregister before the other one can register. 2: Continuous: Your VoIP service provider support multiple registrations. The Bria Push server is always connected to the SIP server. Bria is only connected to the SIP server when Bria is in the foreground. When Bria is in the foreground, Bria ignores push notifications so you do not receive duplicates. 3: Single Device Takeover: Your VoIP service provider does not support multiple registrations. Bria and the Bria Push server take over registrations from each other without unregistering first.
  10. Hmmm good thinking. I'll have to read a bit more on lsof and linux internals. Will let you know
  11. Yea, looking at the registration history in the extension tab it would be expected that there is just one, stable registration with the push server. I wonder if that can be set up somehow.
  12. I was just wondering if there is a misinterpretation of the data - sockets are available on all threads and maybe it just shows those sockets multiple times. Maybe we need to filter them by the process ID and count only unique sockets.
  13. They certainly belong to the same process: pbxctrl with PID 1486. But that's to be expected since I'm looking specifically for pbxctrl. Not sure what you're asking here so I'll provide anything I can think of: "man lsof" reads: "TID is the task (thread) IDentification number". In the example output above the 3rd column is the TID column (empty for the first line and 1530 to 1536 for the next 7 lines). B.T.W. I see the same pattern for almost all other ports: each port appears 8 times, once for the main process and another 7 times for threads. I've restarted pbxctrl and now I'm running lsof -nP | grep pbxctrl every hour and logging the full output on a series of timestamped files. Just in case it helps.
  14. Thanks! Upgraded with no issues, and could restore PRACK after that. A remaining problem with Counterpath and its push/handover mechanism is that some calls behave very strange. Every now and then this happens: The caller lands in voice mail, but the Bria Stretto user will hear the phone ring. If picking up, the callee will hear nothing OR will hear what seems to be the Virtual Private Assistant. The PBX registers these calls as two calls in the call history. I wonder what can be done to troubleshoot this. No trunks are involved. This is just between registerred SIP-clients and the PBX.
  15. Looks like those port all belong to the same process - what is the "TID" in the lsof output?
  16. We have a few hundred extensions in small companies. Nothing unusual I would guess (some inter-domain, plenty external calls and a conference call from time to time). Surely no multicast paging. Regarding attacks, I've run for a few minutes ngrep (a packet sniffer) looking for SIP replies that are not "SIP 200 OK" and I see nothing unusual. Regarding IPv6 ports in lsof's output they account for1352 out of 3300 lines. But I should note that they contain only 169 unique port numbers. E.g.: lsof -n| grep ^pbxctrl | grep -i ipv6 |grep 49460 pbxctrl 1486 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1530 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1531 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1532 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1533 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1534 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1535 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 pbxctrl 1486 1536 root 456u IPv6 18445566 0t0 UDP *:49460 Should I send you log files or anything else?
  17. If you clone a PBX including the license it will obviously not work on the clone system (at least for for long). When you apply a new license, things that are not covered by the license will be disabled or unavailable. But the configuration should be intact.
  18. let me ask you something, the backups I create (entire Vodia folder) is valid for any license ? (of course each license will have its limits). If, for example, I take a backup made with free and I take it to the NFR or vice versa, does it work well? Obviously, depending on the license, I will have services that are active or not...
  19. Okay thank you, I'll talk to the commercial and ask for a key hosted demo
  20. The NFR is valid as long as your partner status is valid. So that should not be the problem... The CPE licenses don't have all features, you you can also easily get a hosted demo key where absolutely everything is available.
  21. Well that does look like there are a lot of dangling calls. Are you doing anything unusual? Like multicast page a lot? Or is the system under attack all the time? Seems there are also IPv6 ports open which is a sign that the call gets allocated but is not used later.
  22. an NFR activated about 20 days ago that you can't do updates, has a lot of limits etc.... it doesn't do anything at all. It takes months to test a product. I don't think you've seen and understood everything in 20 days, impossible Anyway, I repeat, I talk to my partner and see what to do.
  23. Not sure what you mean by the last update, but as we mentioned, the sales team can help with the test hosted license for this. If not, the NFR license should still be good for testing about rest of the features.
  24. through my partner we have already talked extensively with the commercial, has guaranteed us the full functionality. But I think we're a long way off. As soon as possible, I'll talk to my partner and see if we can continue testing.
  25. Yes, hosted license is the strongest license that we have and if it was for Testing we usually give out NFR licenses which is the case here and is how the testing goes with us. You can always contact our sales team and request if they can give you a hosted license for month for testing or so. They might need your NFR key back as you're not looking for it anymore and give you this instead. You can either email sales@vodia.com or call us to get this going.
  1. Load more activity

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online