Record Location seems to be ignored when call is manually recorded

Running 2.1.10.2474 (Win32)

I have Call recording enabled in License

The Recordings are working for domains if I enable one of the domain level recording options.

ie. "Recording default for this domain" - "record calls to extensions"

If I dont enable any automatic domain level recording options,

but want to manually enable recording via the Record On Key, Record Off Keys.

Then the Record Location syntax is ignored and the recordings are only stored in the recordings directory as msg**.wav

I would like to see the same Record Location syntax used - for these manual recordings as well.

(Or perhaps a second Record Location option for these)

If I dont enable any automatic domain level recording options,

but want to manually enable recording via the Record On Key, Record Off Keys.

Then the Record Location syntax is ignored and the recordings are only stored in the recordings directory as msg**.wav

I would like to see the same Record Location syntax used - for these manual recordings as well.

(Or perhaps a second Record Location option for these)

Well, at the moment that is a feature. The user-initiated recording is supposed to be for recording only short parts of a conversation, like someone saying a telephone number of address or something that you don't want or can't to scribble down while talking. For these purposes it seems reasonable to put that into the (private) mailbox of the user, and possibly forward it by email.

What is the use case for recording to the directory?

Well, at the moment that is a feature. The user-initiated recording is supposed to be for recording only short parts of a conversation, like someone saying a telephone number of address or something that you don't want or can't to scribble down while talking. For these purposes it seems reasonable to put that into the (private) mailbox of the user, and possibly forward it by email.

What is the use case for recording to the directory?

OK , But a number of our customer at times want to enable recording either via the *12 or via Snom Record Button - for what ever purpose, and then be able to go back and find the recordings.

If you had 100 extensions all intermittantly recording then with the current method - ther is no way to identify who recorded what ...

So suggest a second record directory structure for manual recordings (via *12 or Snom Record Button)

ie.

/recordings/automated/...

/recordings/manual/...

OK , But a number of our customer at times want to enable recording either via the *12 or via Snom Record Button - for what ever purpose, and then be able to go back and find the recordings.

If you had 100 extensions all intermittantly recording then with the current method - ther is no way to identify who recorded what ...

So suggest a second record directory structure for manual recordings (via *12 or Snom Record Button)

ie.

/recordings/manual/...

I havent actually looked into this feature as I have no need to record. From what I have seen at first glance the recordings all go into the recording folder within the main pbx directory. Individual user folders for recording linked to the extension would be of benefit. that way a user can replay the recorded message from their login page. If this is not correct then I'm sure I will find this out when I test it out.

Sara.

ie.

/recordings/manual/...

The record location is only applicable for "recording all calls via hunt group, or all calls, etc" - at least from my experience.

The Record On Demand - *12 / * 13 - is to that users' voicemail box - and can be set up to forward to email. At least then they would have all of their recordings local, and not have to be confused with other recordings.

** On that same note - I'd love for PBXnSIP to be able to email the actual recordings when the radio button for "record all calls" is selected for that extension.

Please let me know if that's doable.