CS410 as DHCP Server

jlumby

I received the files to upload to the CS410 to enable it to be a DHCP Server (saves tons of $ in hardware for small installs since most small business grade routers will not send options 66 and 150) I edited/uploaded the files, set the server to run automatically, and changed the permissions all as per the readme file, however the CS410 is not responding as a DHCP server to requests on the LAN port, and I do not know what diagnostic commands to use to see what might be going wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I received the files to upload to the CS410 to enable it to be a DHCP Server (saves tons of $ in hardware for small installs since most small business grade routers will not send options 66 and 150) I edited/uploaded the files, set the server to run automatically, and changed the permissions all as per the readme file, however the CS410 is not responding as a DHCP server to requests on the LAN port, and I do not know what diagnostic commands to use to see what might be going wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, the DHCP server is just a "regular" Debian DHCP server... That means you can search for the respective documentation in the Internet.

One of the reasons why we don't include it is that DHCP servers require much more support than just a DHCP client...