Blocking incoming call based on caller ID

djanjic

I have searched the forum for this topic and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to block-reject an incoming call from a specific caller ID. The scenario is this:

An extension has a DID # and tel:alias associated with it. Is it possible to block an incoming call if the call dials DID number directly? I couldn't find it...

I have searched the forum for this topic and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to block-reject an incoming call from a specific caller ID. The scenario is this:

An extension has a DID # and tel:alias associated with it. Is it possible to block an incoming call if the call dials DID number directly? I couldn't find it...

I think the black-list would be appropriate? That would work for calls into an extension. For calls to other accounts, you could think about using a IVR node and do from-based routing.

• 1 year later...
I think the black-list would be appropriate? That would work for calls into an extension. For calls to other accounts, you could think about using a IVR node and do from-based routing.

I read your very careful words of this reply:

So you are saying the black list ONLY functions for direct-dialed calls that are sent *directly* (from the trunk) to the Extension, _ONLY_?

What about inbound calls to Hunt Groups? ....

This is *VERY* troubling if the black list does NOT function for inbound calls to Hunt Groups.

Can you add this as a feature so the Black List functions for the Hunt Groups, Auto-Attendants, and Agent Groups as well, PLEASE?

It's very silly not to have the Black List function as a global feature as many businesses use these other objects (Hunt Groups, Auto-Attendants, and Agent Groups) to answer inbound calls, and this leaves them literally defenseless against someone who wants to harass them, intentionally or unintentionally (FAX machine set to call the wrong number).

• 12 years later...
  • 10 months later...