Jump to content

users of seperate domain leave message and wrong mailbox


rdevrede
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there.

 

If a user of domain1 calls someone of domain2 and leaves a message the voicemail arrives at the extension of domain1.

 

900@domain1.com calls to 902@domain2.com

 

He chooses to leave a message.

 

The message did not arrive at 902@domain2.com, instead it arrived on 902@domain1.com. Which is absolutely not preferable.

 

How do I change this correctly? Has it to do with dialplan or something else?

 

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If a user of domain1 calls someone of domain2 and leaves a message the voicemail arrives at the extension of domain1.

 

900@domain1.com calls to 902@domain2.com

 

He chooses to leave a message.

 

The message did not arrive at 902@domain2.com, instead it arrived on 902@domain1.com. Which is absolutely not preferable.

 

How do I change this correctly? Has it to do with dialplan or something else?

 

If you are using multiple domains, you better stop using "localhost" for a real domain. "localhost" should be only used for a domain with nothing useful in it, maybe some global trunks.

 

And you need to consider using DNS for routing the calls. This will tremendously help you ro move to a server farm later, when the domains are physically located on different servers.

 

Then when this kind of stuff is straight, the domain identification becomes also more understandable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are using multiple domains, you better stop using "localhost" for a real domain. "localhost" should be only used for a domain with nothing useful in it, maybe some global trunks.

 

And you need to consider using DNS for routing the calls. This will tremendously help you ro move to a server farm later, when the domains are physically located on different servers.

 

Then when this kind of stuff is straight, the domain identification becomes also more understandable.

 

I don't use localhost at all, I used 2 different domainnames. Actually one .nl and one .com (different names).

 

I think I found the solution in : From/To header switching when calling other domain : $d: $n

 

It's working fine now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...