Share Line Call Pickup w/ SNOM

Krom

Et al,

Looking for some direction/guidance. We have a customer requiring KTS feature and functionality, the primary being shared line.

You know, one phone places a CO line on hold, it flashes on all of the phones that are monitoring that CO line and anyone on any phone can pickup that CO line from the hold state and continue the call.

Well, I have scrubbed the wiki, documentation and SNOM site up and down and can’t find a configuration for the SNOM function keys that work. I have the indication working fine, but can’t pickup the call on another SNOM extension.

Can someone direct me to a link that can show me step-by-step how both PBXnSIP needs to be configured and the SNOM phones need to be configured to accomplish this setup.

The following link provided me the information to get me to the indication state, but I am still not able to pickup the call on another extension and continue the call.

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Snom

Anything would be great – even a can’t do that right know would allow me to move on to something else.

-Krom

Et al,

Looking for some direction/guidance. We have a customer requiring KTS feature and functionality, the primary being shared line.

You know, one phone places a CO line on hold, it flashes on all of the phones that are monitoring that CO line and anyone on any phone can pickup that CO line from the hold state and continue the call.

Well, I have scrubbed the wiki, documentation and SNOM site up and down and can’t find a configuration for the SNOM function keys that work. I have the indication working fine, but can’t pickup the call on another SNOM extension.

Can someone direct me to a link that can show me step-by-step how both PBXnSIP needs to be configured and the SNOM phones need to be configured to accomplish this setup.

The following link provided me the information to get me to the indication state, but I am still not able to pickup the call on another extension and continue the call.

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Snom

Anything would be great – even a can’t do that right know would allow me to move on to something else.

-Krom

Maybe you should consider plus and play option.

http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Prepare_...r_Plug_and_Play

Not really an option. Each SNOM is remote from the PBXnSIP server and their local cable modem doesn't support option 66.

What is needed is similar to how the SNOM's work on *. Every phone monitoring a CO line will be called via a broadcast hunt group. The person answering the phone places the call on hold and pages or IM's the the proper party telling them they have a call on Line 1 which in turn is flashing on their SNOM phone.

We have tried to work with them on Parking a call, but they don't like the number of key strokes, so we made the key strokes a softkey where the transfer blind and press the softkey. Still to many key strokes for them, they want the KTS feature. Answer and then press hold and every phone flashes.

Like I mentioned, I have the indication working perfectly, but when a terminal that is not the terminal that places the call on hold presses the flashing line, nothing happens, not a message from the phone (RE-INVITE) nothing.

Would creating the buttons file provide me with the parameters when looking at the file with the needed parameters that I need to program the Function Keys with to get this to work? I guess I will try that.

Also, does what I am describing work with using the plug-n-play buttons, or is that just a guess?

Trying not to waste cycles if the solution is to direct them to a provider using another type of Feature Server that appears in the SNOM list of servers.

Not really an option. Each SNOM is remote from the PBXnSIP server and their local cable modem doesn't support option 66.

Yout don't need to have option 66, you can also provision the phones with a settings url (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Snom#Manual_Setup).

What is needed is similar to how the SNOM's work on *. Every phone monitoring a CO line will be called via a broadcast hunt group. The person answering the phone places the call on hold and pages or IM's the the proper party telling them they have a call on Line 1 which in turn is flashing on their SNOM phone.

I don't know. Then all phones are ringing. Wouldn't the park orbit be a solution? You can also put that on a button and then they just have to IM the park orbit/button. Park is the hold of the key system.

We have tried to work with them on Parking a call, but they don't like the number of key strokes, so we made the key strokes a softkey where the transfer blind and press the softkey. Still to many key strokes for them, they want the KTS feature. Answer and then press hold and every phone flashes.

That is very understandable. But IMHO the park button would serve them better.

Like I mentioned, I have the indication working perfectly, but when a terminal that is not the terminal that places the call on hold presses the flashing line, nothing happens, not a message from the phone (RE-INVITE) nothing.

Would creating the buttons file provide me with the parameters when looking at the file with the needed parameters that I need to program the Function Keys with to get this to work? I guess I will try that.

Also, does what I am describing work with using the plug-n-play buttons, or is that just a guess?

Trying not to waste cycles if the solution is to direct them to a provider using another type of Feature Server that appears in the SNOM list of servers.

My suggestion would be the plug and play with the setting URL, and then using park orbits via the buttons. That would work pretty smooth and they have to push just one button.