Multicast paging

mabbott

I am trying to setup multicast paging using Snom phones as the destination. I have Multicast enabled on the phones with the multicast IP/port matching what I have entered in the paging account. When I call the extension the phone connects but the page doesn't go through. Doing a packet capture shows the audio stream going from the phone to the PBX, but I do not see any multicast traffic leaving the pbx. Are there any other places I need to enable multicast support to enable the paging?

I am using 3.0.0.2998 on the cs410 and 7.1.35 on the phones.

I am trying to setup multicast paging using Snom phones as the destination. I have Multicast enabled on the phones with the multicast IP/port matching what I have entered in the paging account. When I call the extension the phone connects but the page doesn't go through. Doing a packet capture shows the audio stream going from the phone to the PBX, but I do not see any multicast traffic leaving the pbx. Are there any other places I need to enable multicast support to enable the paging?

I am using 3.0.0.2998 on the cs410 and 7.1.35 on the phones.

If you have several IP addresses, you might have to specify on what IP address the multicast traffic should be set. There is a setting called "Multicast IP-Addresses" in the admin/ports section where you can enter the private IP address. You need to restart the PBX after changing that setting.