IVR Stops Responding to DTMF Input

Tim

We have a client that has several informational type of recordings in their AA. Originally we had these messages setup as voicemail boxes with a max of 0 messages. This worked fine until the client decided that they wanted a zero out option in them, and they didn't like the canned "Press zero for more assistance" recording at the end of their message. All of them have a simple zero out option to go back up to the previous branch of the AA.

I have the routing working correctly, but the problem I am having is the IVR node stops responding to input after the first loop of the message. If the caller listens to the entire message, and the message starts repeating, the system accepts the DTMF input as shown by the log message but the call never routes to its destination.

[6] 2008/09/09 18:39:53: Received DTMF 0

We are currently running the pbxctrl-centos5-3.0.1.3014 build.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

Why don't you use a IVR node for that?

I have setup an IVR node, which now that I have figured out how they work, I think is a great feature. It is the IVR node that is giving me problems with the DTMF press not being recognized after the message completes and starts replaying.

It would also be cool if the IVR node had an option to wait n seconds before repeating the message, but we can just add a few seconds of silence before we end the recording for now.

I have setup an IVR node, which now that I have figured out how they work, I think is a great feature. It is the IVR node that is giving me problems with the DTMF press not being recognized after the message completes and starts replaying.

What about the DTMF not being recognized after the message loops? Am I missing something in my configuration?

Tim

After the message loop, the PBX insers a tone "E" (end) into the sequence. Maybe you can design the pattern so that "E" tones are digested as well...

If I add '!^E$!156!' would that match and loop back to extension 156 or do I need to have the DTMF input in there to make it trigger?

If I add '!^E$!156!' would that match and loop back to extension 156 or do I need to have the DTMF input in there to make it trigger?

I am not sure I followed the issue completely. But if you are looking for how to set the DTMF match list on the IVR node, there is example under http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/UHLL_Interface#Maid_Codes.

With match list shown in the example, pbx collects digits until you press the pound (#) key.