MONITORING EXTENSIONS

Friedom-Tech

hi;

i have a client who is a small business owner using a CS410. In order for his office to run properly he needs for his employees to be able to see if others are on the phone or not...they are all using Snom 360's with the latest firmware...i have set up the function keys as shown in the attached image and when the employees make outbound calls or receive calls directed directly to their extension it shows up on the other phones that they are on the phone.

HOWEVER, since this is a small company they have it set to ring to a hunt group for the first five rings before it goes to the auto attendant to make it more personal but when they pick up the call from the hunt group the buttons do not monitor the extension!!!

i have tried using the BLF option in the snom phone and that had the same problem!

Can someone pls advise asap!!!

Thank you;

Michael

Did you set up the snom phones manually using the function keys or with pnp using buttons? I would recommend to use buttons instead of the function keys. I couldn't read the attachment.

i have the buttons setup in the pbx. the setup is as follows

1) i created a button for each extension and then entered that button into the configuration profile or that user (ie button that monitors extension 600 was put in the the configuration of extension 600)

2) i logged into the snom phone and under function keys pointed "extension" to extension 600..

i am NOT using PNP. would that do the trick? why would it only not work for calls to the hunt group?

pls advise

HEY GUYS.

i setup the pbx with the pnp functionality but the issue is still ongoing!

in addiotion to this its a real pain for the client who likes to use the buttons to monitor AND speed dial (which he can do when he sets them up from the phone itself) but when he sets up the buttons through the pbx it doesnt work as both!!!

pls advise.

i setup the pbx with the pnp functionality but the issue is still ongoing!

in addiotion to this its a real pain for the client who likes to use the buttons to monitor AND speed dial (which he can do when he sets them up from the phone itself) but when he sets up the buttons through the pbx it doesnt work as both!!!

I would factory-reset the phone to make sure that there is no residual configuration on the phone. Then use the BLF mode on the buttons. That should work just fine.

I would factory-reset the phone to make sure that there is no residual configuration on the phone. Then use the BLF mode on the buttons. That should work just fine.

Hey two weeks later and still having the same problem. i am setup as follows.

cs410 with pnp to snom 360s. the inbound trunk rings to a hunt group for 15 seconds before hitting the auto attendant.

if an employee picks up the phone from the hunt group (in the first 15seconds) that call cannot be monitored by the other phones?

if i switch the trunk to ring to an agent group for the first 15 seconds i do not have this problem!!

please advise as i promised my client call monitoring and he is driving me nuts!!

Hey two weeks later and still having the same problem. i am setup as follows.

cs410 with pnp to snom 360s. the inbound trunk rings to a hunt group for 15 seconds before hitting the auto attendant.

if an employee picks up the phone from the hunt group (in the first 15seconds) that call cannot be monitored by the other phones?

if i switch the trunk to ring to an agent group for the first 15 seconds i do not have this problem!!

please advise as i promised my client call monitoring and he is driving me nuts!!

Are you using buttons or dialog-state? I tried this here with buttons and it seemes okay to me.

Try hitting the save button on the button profile again. If you change (or create) an account that you list there after hitting the save button, references might be broken (we'll fix that problem in 3.1 as it really can drive people nuts).

Are you using buttons or dialog-state? I tried this here with buttons and it seemes okay to me.

Try hitting the save button on the button profile again. If you change (or create) an account that you list there after hitting the save button, references might be broken (we'll fix that problem in 3.1 as it really can drive people nuts).

so you are saying i should create the account and THEN hit save on each button configuration?

do i need to reboot the phones?