Find Me Follow Me to multiple PSTN numbers

Michael

Is there a way to not only have your cell phone called but to have other additional numbers called for your extension such as a non-VoIP office line at the same time as the cell phone without setting up a ring group?

I have had this question a couple of times as well, for people that would like their Mobile phone and their home or home office number to both be attached to their extension.

Tim

I have successfully done this with a manual/static registration. The process is documented at http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Manual_Registration Be aware that it does not support trunks that require registration. If your gateway, or ITSP can allow the outbound call based on IP, then it will work fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I have successfully done this with a manual/static registration. The process is documented at http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Manual_Registration Be aware that it does not support trunks that require registration. If your gateway, or ITSP can allow the outbound call based on IP, then it will work fine.

I know I can have multiple phones registered to an extension, that is one of the features that sold me on the product. This doesn't help me when someone has a home office that does not have a reliable, high speed internet connection. For example, VoIP over satellite internet does not work well in my experience and there are still parts of the country that satellite is the only 'afordable' option for high speed internet many homes.

Some of our clients would like to have both their Cell phone and their POTS line in the PBX for call forking and to use the DISA. I don't think it would be a problem if there was an option in the system that said, use Cell Phone or use Home Office Phone in the system, as I can see how calling both could potentially cause problems.

Tim Donahue

• 1 month later...
I know I can have multiple phones registered to an extension, that is one of the features that sold me on the product. This doesn't help me when someone has a home office that does not have a reliable, high speed internet connection. For example, VoIP over satellite internet does not work well in my experience and there are still parts of the country that satellite is the only 'afordable' option for high speed internet many homes.

Some of our clients would like to have both their Cell phone and their POTS line in the PBX for call forking and to use the DISA. I don't think it would be a problem if there was an option in the system that said, use Cell Phone or use Home Office Phone in the system, as I can see how calling both could potentially cause problems.

Tim Donahue

is there anyway to do this when using a sip trunk? like a call hunt to outside numbers? like home lines/cell phones?

is there anyway to do this when using a sip trunk? like a call hunt to outside numbers? like home lines/cell phones?

We checked this feature - in principle that's possible. The reason why we did not have this yet is that the trunk requires a failover context, and for a calls we currently have only one. It is not a huge problem; it is that it just needs to be done and we want to make sure we don't create any side effects...

We checked this feature - in principle that's possible. The reason why we did not have this yet is that the trunk requires a failover context, and for a calls we currently have only one. It is not a huge problem; it is that it just needs to be done and we want to make sure we don't create any side effects...

Just to be sure that I understand correctly, it will be possible in the future to have more than one number attached with your Extension for call forking?

For a temporary fix for accessing the DISA on the system while extending the full call forking functionality, would it be possible to list have a field like DISA Authorized Numbers where the user could list their home or home office numbers in the system?

Tim

Just to be sure that I understand correctly, it will be possible in the future to have more than one number attached with your Extension for call forking?

For a temporary fix for accessing the DISA on the system while extending the full call forking functionality, would it be possible to list have a field like DISA Authorized Numbers where the user could list their home or home office numbers in the system?

Even the temporary fix is not so easy as we need to split the cell phone entry up into a own table. So I would vote for doing it right and skipping a fix.