3.1 Beta Image available

Vodia PBX

We are in the process of releasing 3.1. For those, who would like to take a preview and help making sure nothing got broken there is a Windows upgrade binary available at http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.0.1.3022.exe. Release notes are already available at http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php?title=Release_Notes_3.1.0. We'll start making other OS versions shortly.

Probably just me being blind, but in the release notes for 3.0 it says :

The statistics are also available through the web interface. The members and managers of the agent group can also see the information through their personal web login, eliminating the need to give them administration permission for the domain.

I've my extension as a member of the agent group, but I can't see where in my user login that the stats are displayed?

ta

Hi,

The BLF button option is perfect, thanks for that!

Before this feature I had programmed the buttons with "Speed dial" and then also the lamp was working on the button.

Now this lamp is not functioning anymore, could that be brought back?

We are using the speed dial function for calling and transferring to an agent group.

When I program this button as BLF then external callers are getting connected to each other (also very nice but not what we want :lol: )

Kind regards,

Rene.

Another one I can't find

we introduced a new setting where the user can specify which accounts should be checked for pickup

Whereabouts is this? I can't see a setting on the extension for it? Also, how does this fit in with dialog permissions? We previously implemented this "how to decide who can pick up a call" with rather complicated dialog permissions strings to prevent certain people picking calls outside their team.

What would be really nice is what the Mitels do, and make one of the softkeys into a "pickup" button when a phone in their group is ringing. I'm not quite sure SIP allows for that sort of thing though :lol:

Another one I can't find

Whereabouts is this? I can't see a setting on the extension for it? Also, how does this fit in with dialog permissions? We previously implemented this "how to decide who can pick up a call" with rather complicated dialog permissions strings to prevent certain people picking calls outside their team.

What would be really nice is what the Mitels do, and make one of the softkeys into a "pickup" button when a phone in their group is ringing. I'm not quite sure SIP allows for that sort of thing though :lol:

Yea, that 3022 build did not have it, we made a 3023 build in the meantime.

SIP? That's not the question here... The problem is that this might be a performance killer. I would like to leave it the way it is for right now and see how it is being received in the real world.

:blink: Can you describe that a little bit more in detail?

Of course:

I have programmed an agent group (820) for our support department.

On my snom 320 phones I have programmed a BLF button for extension 820.

When one of the secretaries is transferring an external call to the programmed button for agent group 820 then the call goes into the queue. But when the call is not answered yet and you transfer a second external call into that group with the BLF button then the two external calls are connected to each other.

So in our case, if those customers can solve each other’s problem then this is a great feature but I am not sure if that is going to be the situation :lol:

Kind regards,

Rene.

Yea, that 3022 build did not have it, we made a 3023 build in the meantime.

SIP? That's not the question here... The problem is that this might be a performance killer. I would like to leave it the way it is for right now and see how it is being received in the real world.

Can I grab the latest and greatest to give this a go then?

Also on a similar note, I've just updated my phone to the latest polycom firmware (3.1.0B) on 3022 and now when a call comes into the hunt group and it rings on colleagues phones (which I'm monitoring via sidecar) I get the option to pick it up on my phone? It doesn't seem to clear properly though - must be some strange bug in the polycom firmware methinks..

Can I grab the latest and greatest to give this a go then?

Also on a similar note, I've just updated my phone to the latest polycom firmware (3.1.0B) on 3022 and now when a call comes into the hunt group and it rings on colleagues phones (which I'm monitoring via sidecar) I get the option to pick it up on my phone? It doesn't seem to clear properly though - must be some strange bug in the polycom firmware methinks..

You can grab the latest and greatest here - http://pbxnsip.com/download/pbxctrl-3.0.1.3023.exe

I have an issue to report.

We have customers that use a star code to record calls and then receive those recordings via email as attachments. Those seem to be broken. Unless the settings have changed. When using the star code, the recording seems to be made but are not sent via email.

Can you confirm this please? Version 3.0.1.3023 Linux.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I tried to update the pbxnsip with the new beta image 3.1 but by the time I restart the service I got the error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly message. I have two PCs both with windows vista and I got the same error message in both. I did it with an old image and it worked fine.

Can anyone help me to solve this?

Thanks,

Maribel

I tried to update the pbxnsip with the new beta image 3.1 but by the time I restart the service I got the error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly message. I have two PCs both with windows vista and I got the same error message in both. I did it with an old image and it worked fine.

So did you follow the guidelines in http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installi...#Manual_Upgrade?

No, that did not make it into this release. In the meantime, can you double check that the license allows recording?

Yes, our license allows recording. Can you tell me if you can get a patch out? I have a very irritated customer right now. They had that feature in the previous version (2.x) and now they don't have it any longer.