Fax to mail question

antonello

Hi all,

First, I have not yet installed the software. we are waiting to do a technical course. :-)

But I have a question:

this is the case:

10 sip account with 10 geographical tel number.

Every account/nr is a USER ...

The user receive a call ... but the user can receive a fax on same number ?

The PBX recognize the fax and it can create a Tiff file ? and send via email ?

best regards

Antonello

PBXNSIP supports t.38 pass through , which means you can support faxing to an analog ATA device via SIP trunks (if you are stubborn enough to do so) ,

there is no fax server built in to it though , so you cannot without a 2nd party application have DID's work for user calls and for their faxing , I know this does exist in some higher end enterprise systems as they have the software built in ..

there is a company faxback.com that specializes in VoIP Faxing and fax servers , they are also a PBXNSIP user as well, and would be worth contacting , since they will have excellent insights as to fax server opportunities and how to integrate them with pbxnsip ..

otherwise try Efax or callcentric.com now has a similar efax hosted product you could use in conjunction to give each user a DID for voice and a second DID for fax ,

regards,

yori

• 1 month later...

You for sure should call faxback.com. We are a reseller of them and have working our efax service using their platform for nearly a year and have many happy customers all over the US. If you need a contact let me know or if I can help let me know also. Hope everything works out for you.

• 11 months later...
Will PBX v4 support Fax 2 Mail, even my Fritz!Box modem/router supports it... thought PBXnSIP is a modern PBX system? But I'm finding many things that are just not there to switch to another system soon...

Well, fax2email is something that can be very easily run externally. For example, faxback or Microsoft Exchange can do that. Or even use the FritzBox!

Well, fax2email is something that can be very easily run externally. For example, faxback or Microsoft Exchange can do that. Or even use the FritzBox!

If it can run easily external, it should be logically included in PBXnSIP, tell me if i'm wrong but... PBXnSIP is a PBX system or.... not?

If it can run easily external, it should be logically included in PBXnSIP, tell me if i'm wrong but... PBXnSIP is a PBX system or.... not?

Well, it is difficult to have everything in one system. Technically, it is perfectly okay to run a seperate process/service for that. From a business perspective, it does make sense to offer the whole package. But that is the beauty about having SIP: You can pick the best components that you need and put them together.

I know, some of those fax2email tools have price tags that are hefty. I agree, from customer perspective it would be nice to have it included--for free. But realisticly, we need to license libraries for the FAX negotiation which cost money, and if we do that we would essentially pass those costs through to the customer. It would make the product more expensive.

Well, it is difficult to have everything in one system. Technically, it is perfectly okay to run a seperate process/service for that. From a business perspective, it does make sense to offer the whole package. But that is the beauty about having SIP: You can pick the best components that you need and put them together.

I know, some of those fax2email tools have price tags that are hefty. I agree, from customer perspective it would be nice to have it included--for free. But realisticly, we need to license libraries for the FAX negotiation which cost money, and if we do that we would essentially pass those costs through to the customer. It would make the product more expensive.

I understand about the pricing, but I don't care paying for that, I don't have a fritz!box but, this peace of hardware costs only 160 euro's, that means that - the fax module costs at least 60 euro's because a LinkSys, Sitecom or speedtouch modem without SIP/fax costs 99 euro's, I actually don't see the point there but.... I hope it would be included someday :-), for now I let my SIP provider move the fax to the mail, they do it for free, the only disadvantage their sip server has is, when fax is enabled, voicemail must be enabled too, but can live with that for now;)

Exchange fax is crap.

Faxback is awesome and expensive.

Asterisk can now to T38 termination.

We use callweaver, its free and works great.

We purchased faxback but we still use callweaver for cheaper termination that don't need email2fax capabilities.

Devils advocate, I understand there are t38 licencing issues. However IP PBX's are starting to have this functionality included these days.