Call extension in another domain

Leonmeijer

Some time ago iv'e seen a topic like this but can't find it anymore, but I want to call with an extension from one domain to another I tried to set the trunks to "global" but this didn't take effect, how do I need to configure this?

You can set the "Accept Redirect" on the trunk and call should go through

I enabled the Global radiobutton and the Accept Redirect on the trunks.

Each domain has it's own trunk because echt domain is another company's so they have their own outbound number.

And what is two domains both contains extesion number e.g. "100"?

Or do I need to set some other thing in the trunk config?

Edit: I also set the "tel:xxx" alias names but... nothing

I enabled the Global radiobutton and the Accept Redirect on the trunks.

Each domain has it's own trunk because echt domain is another company's so they have their own outbound number.

And what is two domains both contains extesion number e.g. "100"?

Or do I need to set some other thing in the trunk config?

Edit: I also set the "tel:xxx" alias names but... nothing

The topic of sending one call from one domain to another is a compliated one. You really need to use a trunk that goes out from the PBX and another trunk that comes into the PBX. I would setup two trunks, both of them with the outbound proxy sip:127.0.0.1 (or sip:[::1] for IPv6), one of then for "inbound" and the other one for "outbound". The inbound should be a global trunk, so that you can send the call to the right domain from there.

The tricky part is to find out if the destination is local or not. You can do that in the dialplan, if you have just a few numbers. For example, if you have a central secretary service you can bypass PSTN and send the call directly back to the PBX.

If you have a lot of numbers that you want to route directly between the PBX, you probably have to employ DNS to resolve the final destination. If you run your own DNS server and you are able to set up ENUM entries (which is easier than it sounds), you can first use a trunk that performs a ENUM lookup and perform a failover to the next trunk in the dialplan if the entry does not exist. If you get that working then you are in the seventh heaven of hosted PBX and you can scale that endlessly.

OKe, that sound clear but this also works if I have multiple domains that don't use the same trunk (Each domain has it's own trunk because they all have other outbound numbers)? ANd when I set the outbound proxy to localhost (127.0.0.1) it says "404 Not Found". Is there a demo configuration available doing this?

• 1 month later...
OKe, that sound clear but this also works if I have multiple domains that don't use the same trunk (Each domain has it's own trunk because they all have other outbound numbers)? ANd when I set the outbound proxy to localhost (127.0.0.1) it says "404 Not Found". Is there a demo configuration available doing this?

Check out http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.1.1.3096.exe. This build has a new feature called "Try Loopback" in the dial plan (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Dial_Plan), so that you can try to call into another domain without the need of an external proxy.

Check out http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.1.1.3096.exe. This build has a new feature called "Try Loopback" in the dial plan (see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Dial_Plan), so that you can try to call into another domain without the need of an external proxy.

It works! but one problem... when I have multiple extension numbers e.g.

100@domain1

100@domain2

And I call to 100 it will call it in domain1 (the domain where this extension is). I tried something to do with a pattern 7* with pref 90 and * with pref 100 but still the pbx call the extension in it's own domain... how to fix this without giving all domains different extension numbers?

It works! but one problem... when I have multiple extension numbers e.g.

100@domain1

100@domain2

And I call to 100 it will call it in domain1 (the domain where this extension is). I tried something to do with a pattern 7* with pref 90 and * with pref 100 but still the pbx call the extension in it's own domain... how to fix this without giving all domains different extension numbers?

I would give the extensions a little bit less ambiguous number as an alias name. That will make life a lot easier. Or you can make the number a lit less ambigous in the replacement, e.g. +3412345*.