Multi Domain trunks

hosted

ok i am just a little confused on the proper way to set this up.

I have my main domain trunk set with the global flag. I have a second domain which the outbound route sees the global trunk and can route properly. however I get 404 on inbound DID routing because it I am routing the call to 100@domain2

So I build another trunk on @domain2 exactly like the global trunk on @domain1.. so now i have 2 trunks. which made the DID ring on the second domain just fine. makes sense.

Is this proper? to have 1 trunk per domain? even though it is the same IP?

OR

Should i be sending all calls to the main IP (global trunk) and the global flag will match the DID (alias) field properly even though there are many domains.....? example all calls go to @domain1 even though it goes to @domain2.. but i assume the global flag would recognize this.

ok i am just a little confused on the proper way to set this up.

I have my main domain trunk set with the global flag. I have a second domain which the outbound route sees the global trunk and can route properly. however I get 404 on inbound DID routing because it I am routing the call to 100@domain2

So I build another trunk on @domain2 exactly like the global trunk on @domain1.. so now i have 2 trunks. which made the DID ring on the second domain just fine. makes sense.

Is this proper? to have 1 trunk per domain? even though it is the same IP?

OR

Should i be sending all calls to the main IP (global trunk) and the global flag will match the DID (alias) field properly even though there are many domains.....? example all calls go to @domain1 even though it goes to @domain2.. but i assume the global flag would recognize this.

Well, there is currently no single "right" way to set this up. I simply depends...

As a rule of thumb: If you register trunks, you have to do that in every domain. If you can use a gateway mode, then you should have one trunk in a dummy domain. Then you can share that trunk amongst the different domains.

ok i have 2 domains on this box. domain1 is the master with the SIP Gateway trunk set as global.

However if I send the DID call to domain1 and it is programed as an alias in domain2 I get a 404.

With the global setting it should automatically ignore the @domain1 setting right?