Binding the system to an IP

jlumby

I am attempting to bind the PBXnSIP system to a specific IP so the other one is available to run IIS (as well as I do not want it to be able to respond to sip requests on the other IPs). I filled in the IPv4 address in the settings/ports/Bind to specific IP address (IPv4): field, however after a full reboot, the web, and sip ports respond to other IP addresses assigned to the system. Are there additional steps I need to take? I am running windows version 3.0.1.3023

I am attempting to bind the PBXnSIP system to a specific IP so the other one is available to run IIS (as well as I do not want it to be able to respond to sip requests on the other IPs). I filled in the IPv4 address in the settings/ports/Bind to specific IP address (IPv4): field, however after a full reboot, the web, and sip ports respond to other IP addresses assigned to the system. Are there additional steps I need to take? I am running windows version 3.0.1.3023

Did you put something in like "198.133.219.25:80" (for HTTP)?

I left all other fields at their default value, the only thing I filled in was the "Bind to specific IP address (IPv4):192.168.3.64" I noticed after the reboot, it still responded to it's other ip addresses both for SIP, as well as HTTP I checked the pbx.xml, and I saw <port_bind4>192.168.3.64</port_bind4>

I left all other fields at their default value, the only thing I filled in was the "Bind to specific IP address (IPv4):192.168.3.64" I noticed after the reboot, it still responded to it's other ip addresses both for SIP, as well as HTTP I checked the pbx.xml, and I saw <port_bind4>192.168.3.64</port_bind4>

Nono - that is only for multicast RTP (it is in the multicase section of the Ports).

For every port, you need to specify where to hind the port. The dedault is something like "80", which translates into "0.0.0.0:80 [::]:80" (unspecified IPv4 and IPv6 address). If you want to bind to a specific IP address, use something like "192.168.3.64:80". Those examples are for HTTP, you need to do the same thing for tje other ports with different port numbers.