Jump to content
Vodia PBX forum
andy

PBX stopped logging CDR records

Recommended Posts

Status/Call Log OR Localhost/Status/Call Log: In both locations the system stopped to produce cdr records. The last record is from July 9th. That is page 731.

 

I already doubled CDR Recording Setting/Maximun numbers of of CDRs to 50.000, and we are running a small system with only 9 extensions.

 

A delete option would be nice or what kind of issue could cause this behaviour?

 

Thanks in advance for your advice!

 

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CDR are always deleted by the first-in-first-out principle. That means the oldest records get deleted when there are new records added. Every time it adds a record it deletes only a few records (10 I believe), so that a change in the CDR size does not cause a major table scan operation.

 

Unless you do something on the file system (e.g. making CDR records read only) this would work fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has worked fine for many years, but for some reason the updating process has stopped.

 

We did not change anything on the file system. The only recent change was an update to v 5.5.0

 

Could I simply delete the CDR records and see what would happen next? Which file oder folder can be deleted safely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 5.5.0 there was a change with the CDR. Now you can set the maximum per domain. Maybe you should try to do that and see if that solved the problem already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again. I didn't have time for the last couple of days to deal with this matter, but accidentially I made an interesting discovery today.

 

The CDRs are there, but not listed in an order that makes sense.

 

On the page Call History is says "Please select page". The most recent CDRs should be on the last page, but they aren't. That's why I did not find them.

 

I have 948 lines as of today and the newest CDRs are listed somewhere in the middle on lines 401-450. Line 1 ist June 2nd 2016 and line 948 July 15th 2016.

 

Not very useful. Has some index been mixed up maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looks a little like the numbers are not sorted numerically, but as strings, where "3" is bigger than "29". But I was not able to see that in our system over here. It would be awesome if you could give me the JSON that the PBX sends to the web browser so that we can see if that could be the case (browser "inspect" in Chrome) in a private message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That request is a little beyond my technically knowledge. In Chrome's developer windows I am beeing offered: reg_callog.htm, pbx.js, reg_format.js, twocoll.css. Which code should I send?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. This seems to get complicated. We'll just leave it like it is. We don't need the CDR so often. I know whereabout to find the new records -somehwere in the middle of the list- so that's fine for our needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...