How to avoid having to put in the city code for hometown calls

asterisk_nicht_mehr

I am planning to use an ISP for flatrate calling within my home country and for discounted calling to "landed" phones in neighboring countries. This will be the default carrier. I want to redirect calls to the PSTN (ISDN) trunk only for emergencies and for savings on Mobile phone charges. I have set up the redirection to a Call by Call provider over the PSTN trunk for the Mobile calls and that is working very nicely. I simply put in the exact exchange number such as 017* and the replacement value plus the code and it works wonderfully (01017017*).

There is a problem though. For calls in my hometown I would like to not have to enter the city code all the time. The problem is that City codes vary in length in Germany.

Area codes in Germany consist of 2-5 digits. Usually shorter area codes are used for larger cities, and long area codes are used for smaller towns.

On the other hand the telephone numbers are assigned inversely long. The larger cities have seven or eight digits, while those small cities may have three to four digits. To call a number within the area of Germany dial the number only and to make a call outside Germany one has to use the respective country code.

I am not so experienced that I know which variables do what and would appreciate suggestions.

I am planning to use an ISP for flatrate calling within my home country and for discounted calling to "landed" phones in neighboring countries. This will be the default carrier. I want to redirect calls to the PSTN (ISDN) trunk only for emergencies and for savings on Mobile phone charges. I have set up the redirection to a Call by Call provider over the PSTN trunk for the Mobile calls and that is working very nicely. I simply put in the exact exchange number such as 017* and the replacement value plus the code and it works wonderfully (01017017*).

There is a problem though. For calls in my hometown I would like to not have to enter the city code all the time. The problem is that City codes vary in length in Germany.

Area codes in Germany consist of 2-5 digits. Usually shorter area codes are used for larger cities, and long area codes are used for smaller towns.

On the other hand the telephone numbers are assigned inversely long. The larger cities have seven or eight digits, while those small cities may have three to four digits. To call a number within the area of Germany dial the number only and to make a call outside Germany one has to use the respective country code.

I am not so experienced that I know which variables do what and would appreciate suggestions.

I would use the preferences in the dial plan. First have a rule for the exceptions, then have a rule for the general. If you

For example:

Pref: 150 Trunk: PSTN Pattern: 017* Replacement: 01017017*
Pref: 151 Trunk: PSTN Pattern: 1234567 Replacement: 0401234567
Pref: 152 Trunk: PSTN Pattern: 2345678 Replacement: 0402345678
Pref: 160 Trunk: ITSP Pattern: 00* Replacement: 0101700*
Pref: 170 Trunk: PSTN Pattern: 0* Replacement: 0*
Pref: 180 Trunk: ISTP Pattern: * Replacement: