REQ: hosted feature

hosted

I think it would be nice in an hosted environment to set the domain call limit to say 4. and then have an option of the 5th call comes in to force a redirect to a voice mail (or whatever)

Right now if they hit the limit they get denied, but if we could allow this somehow we could charge the user for a voice mail box and not deny the call. Kind of like offering voice mail like Qwest does.

I think it would be nice in an hosted environment to set the domain call limit to say 4. and then have an option of the 5th call comes in to force a redirect to a voice mail (or whatever)

Right now if they hit the limit they get denied, but if we could allow this somehow we could charge the user for a voice mail box and not deny the call. Kind of like offering voice mail like Qwest does.

Well, the problem is that voicemail might be even more CPU expensive than just running the call... The call limit was introduced to make sure that there is enough CPU for everyone.

We are using the call limit on a domain by domain basis to limit the call paths to a given domain based on what they purchase. That given we scale the box accordingly.

However what complaint we have hear is when the call limit is reached they get denied, obviously and the customer wants the call to go to a voicemail. Its a feature the RBOC/CLEC's can give but i cant.

We are using the call limit on a domain by domain basis to limit the call paths to a given domain based on what they purchase. That given we scale the box accordingly.

However what complaint we have hear is when the call limit is reached they get denied, obviously and the customer wants the call to go to a voicemail. Its a feature the RBOC/CLEC's can give but i cant.

The other problem is that many customers want to limit the number of calls because their Internet connection can have only so and so many calls. "Squeezing in" another mailbox call does no good here.

And I would not stopping my customer making phone calls that generate revenue... So if the bandwidth and CPU capacity is right, I would not limit the number of calls at all!

Again this is a hosted scenario. I will sell 3 call paths and the customer does not want any of his customer to get a busy signal.

So if this was an option to send the 4th call to a voicemail awesome. Broadsoft does this and I cant.

At that point i can charge them a fee for the voicemail service.

So its not about limiting my revenue, i just would like the option for small customers who cant afford oversubscribing the service.

Again this is a hosted scenario. I will sell 3 call paths and the customer does not want any of his customer to get a busy signal.

So if this was an option to send the 4th call to a voicemail awesome. Broadsoft does this and I cant.

At that point i can charge them a fee for the voicemail service.

So its not about limiting my revenue, i just would like the option for small customers who cant afford oversubscribing the service.

So we checked what that means to the code. At the point where the PBX makes the decision it is not clear yet where the call goes. We could hardcode something like "mailbox and no external mailbox", but then the question is what about other IVR? Auto attendant and calling card are out because they trigger external calls, do does paging. Conference room is also out, as it is definitevely considered a "rich" application. Service flags? IVR nodes can also redirect calls to the outside world. Star codes? That is a messy topic, e.g. *00123 does call out while *78 does not.

In the "EDIT DOMAIN" section you can limit the calls to that domain to say 3. Cant you add a link below that that says overflow?

So when the call limit counter hits 4 i could specify 8100 (voicemail for 8100).

Hmm. That means whenever there are too many calls in the domain you send them to the mailbox?