Freshbook Integration with Billing module

Azhar Masood

Hi all,

I want some help regarding billing module. I'm trying to integrate Freshbooks API using the documentation provided by Vodia. But some how when I test the configuration there is no message on Vodia and no invoice on my Freshbooks as well.

I've tested the setup with both Classic version of API and oAuth as well.

On oAuth the url provided in Vodia Documentation to get approval never takes me to my freshbooks and it never gets Authenticated. 

Please help.

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2019 at 10:24 PM, Vodia PBX said:

You might want to skip this and move on to Stripe - we can provide you a beta image (what OS) to try out the new stripe integration. With this the PBX will automatically charge the customer at the end of the month and when the trunk balance falls below a definable value.

Hi, we are running version 62.1 and have got our test Stripe public and private keys entered under the Stripe tab in billing. We have setup a billing plan as well. How would we go on from here to generate a test invoice? Can we generate an invoice manually when we need to or do we wait until the end of the month for the platform to generate an invoice? Is the same billing plan used for all domains or do we have an option of choosing which plan we want to assign to what domain?

You can generate the test invoice in the admin edit domain view (where you would set limits on how many account that domain can have). There you can also assign what plan to use. 

There is still the issue that the PBX needs at least a day of history to calculate use data. However fixed cost will be billed immediately. Also if you make a few calls, the cost for those calls will also show up on the invoice.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the billing plans defined and the domains have a plan assigned to them. When we are in the "edit domain" page where you can select what plan to assign, there is a field called "Billing email address". I have tried inputting a valid email address in that section multiple times but every time I click Save and reload the page again, the email address is not saved on the form. 

Also in the "Billing Settings" of the domain, when we input the billing address and click save, the info is not saved. We are based in Australia but we even tried using a US address to see if that would work but the form goes blank after a reload.

So when we click "Test" on "edit domain" page, we do not get an invoice, nothing happens when we click it.

These are the multi tenant client settings, they are essentially a front end to the stripe settings for this client. The auto refill setting is used for prepaid termination cost (like a calling card), so that the client keeps a certain amount for calls in the account.

Okay. We are trying to simulate a multi tenant system at the moment so we were looking to see how this setting worked. The problem is that the data we entered in the fields would not save on the system. Unless it is meant to look like there is no data saved even though there is. 

Apart from this, when you said 

On 3/15/2019 at 6:53 AM, Support said:

We agree about the first part of the message and agree with it. 

does this mean the system being unable to generate an invoice is a bug that is to be fixed soon? We are still unable to generate a test invoice from the "Test" button that is in the "Edit Domain" page.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:31 AM, Vodia PBX said:

Yea the original message thread was about Freshbooks. Stripe should work, though we still have things like taxes on the open issues list.

Oh okay, I just asked since I had an unanswered question sitting above the response.

This is the log file generated when we attempt to generate a test invoice:

POST /v1/invoiceitems HTTP/1.1
Host: api.stripe.com
Authorization: Bearer sk_test
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 84

customer=undefined&currency=aud&description=Setup%20Fee&quantity=1&unit_amount=10000
[9] 16:13:05.330 WEBC: Initialize TLS connection
[9] 16:13:05.997 WEBC: Received 858 bytes
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: nginx
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:13:05 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 231
Connection: keep-alive
access-control-allow-credentials: true
access-control-allow-methods: GET, POST, HEAD, OPTIONS, DELETE
access-control-allow-origin: *
access-control-expose-headers: Request-Id, Stripe-Manage-Version, X-Stripe-External-Auth-Required, X-Stripe-Privileged-Session-Required
access-control-max-age: 300
cache-control: no-cache, no-store
request-id: req_gv9lKCqXu3V5SS
stripe-version: 2019-02-19
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31556926; includeSubDomains; preload

[9] 16:13:05.997 WEBC: https:api.stripe.com:443: Return content (231 bytes)
{
  "error": {
    "code": "resource_missing",
    "doc_url": "https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/resource-missing",
    "message": "No such customer: undefined",
    "param": "customer",
    "type": "invalid_request_error"
  }
}
[7] 16:13:17.060 WEBC: Closing connection https:api.stripe.com:443

It says "No such customer : undefined" and we do not receive the invoice. We provided a valid email address on the billing address field in the "Edit domain" page. When it looks for "customer" what is the system looking for? 

11 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

Did you go into the domain and set the credit card for the customer? In test mode, you can use VISA card 424242424242. 

Yes I did, but the information does not save on the form. I did post about this issue in a previous reply. Whatever information we enter for the credit card for customer and click "Save" the information field is blank again. We can not see any information being saved. I have tried using a test details before.

14 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

It only saves if you have entered the address data in the first tab. That is not ideal, but try if you get the customer data into stripe this way. We'll make the updating of the address and credit card data easier to use later.

We are unable to save any address data in the first tab as well. Whatever data we input for "Billing Address" in the "Billing Settings" under "Advanced" in the domain, we are unable to save that. We click on "Save" and nothing happens. The other thing with the form is when we select Australia as the country, the fields do not change, we still have the list of the US states for "State" field. 

At one point I even tried using a test US address to see if that would save but it that does not save either. I don't know if that was because it was a test address or something else.

6 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

Ok that problem should be fixed again in the latest 62.1. Hopefully Stripe and Freshbooks are not interfering any more...

Thank you.

In the 62.1 version released on March 26th, these issues seem to have been fixed.